osministries

thirdpersonmatt

Well I was just looking around the web and found this site. I just wanted to post this design up to see what everyone elses ideas were.

[url=http://www.osministries.com]http://www.osministries.com[/url]

**Notes:
I'll be changing the layout slightly as this site is going to be turned into the "About" site until I finish the development of the real deal. I'm going to be stripping it out and only leaving the home, about, and possible the forum sections until I finish development. The photos section was just a test and will be taken down soon.

Anyway let me know what you guys think if the overall layout and design.

Latest Forum Stuf
That section was annoying because it was moving, and very unsteadilly.  The color for the nav, maybe you could get a better color for that.

Atleast lighter reds, they seem to be heavy on the eyes.
I like the logo and the top part, the rollover's add a nice effect to the overall site, if of course the nav was a little lighter red.

http://www.osministries.com/index.php?module=News&catid=&topic=6
The part that say's view all topic's for this article, was annoying and hard to read, you might want to change that link color when it's with a white background.

The forum doesn't look good compared to the site you could have done better with that

But overall it's not bad

thanks man, I totally agree with you on the forum stuff. I just gave up fine tuning the design because I knew I wasn't going to be keeping that forum system for long. I'll try messing with the latest forum thing and I'll probably end up just taking it off or displaying it in a different way.

As far as the nav goes, I'm still trying to get it how I like it but I like your suggestion. My original design was a little different but for some reason I never could get the td:hover thing to work in any browser besides firefox so I'll probably be changing that(if anyone knows how to get the td:hover and div:hover stuff working with IE I would love the info lol).

Anyway I'm still working on the design but it's not as much a priority right now as just getting the backend done first.

Anyway I'll be updating the design in a little bit but I'll post an update when that happens.

[quote author=thirdpersonmatt link=topic=112172.msg455172#msg455172 date=1161376817]
Well I was just looking around the web and found this site.
[/quote]

This leads me to believe that it's not your site at all, or that you're not responsible for developing it - can you explain?

that blue bar between the nav and the content is totally senseless.  it breaks the eye's natural progress from where i've just clicked to where the content i want to see is, and it makes the nav feel like a frame that's unrelated to the site.

also, i like it when a link's hitspace encompasses the entire area affected by a rollover; that is, i'd like it if the second i see one of the nav's link cells light up, i could click on it.  otherwise it's a bit of false advertising, so-to-speak.

these are just very prelim comments, i didn't thoroughly look through the site.

[quote author=neylitalo link=topic=112172.msg455235#msg455235 date=1161387083]
[quote author=thirdpersonmatt link=topic=112172.msg455172#msg455172 date=1161376817]
Well I was just looking around the web and found this site.
[/quote]

This leads me to believe that it's not your site at all, or that you're not responsible for developing it - can you explain?
[/quote]

Sorry about that, I meant I just found this site meaning www.phpfreaks.com the site I linked to is my own site.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.