How do I do this?!

PHPWannabe

I have a database that stores information, and I can recall that information in PHP scripts. One table stores information on recorded video games (table: games) and one stores information on recorded cheats for those games (table: cheats). I can look up cheats for a game by telling the PHP code to find all rows with a \"gameID\" of \"whatever\" that matches to a \"gameID\" in the table \"games\". What I end up doing however is passing the \"game_name\" from the table \"games\" into the script that recalls the cheats, rather than having the database find it with just one passed query variable.

How do I set up my database and scripts so that I can find everything by just using the data from one column? (I\'m pretty new at all this so please explain thoroughly).

THANKS!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.