man or woman?

steelmanronald06

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name's Tamreen, 16 years, male, I started PHP in June, then in August I went into overdrive. Much of my knowledge came from working on a project. Sure a tutorial can teach you how to work with a form or database, but doing a major project really helps you learn how to actually work with a language, not just use it.

• 3 weeks later...

Brad, 26, Danbury, CT.

I learned html about 10 years ago, when my fathers business needed a website.

I would go to sites that I liked, view source the pages, and figure out what in the code made the page act the way it did.

I have a few of my early site versions on a hard drive, and laugh when I go back and view them now.

Viewing page sources worked great for learning html and javascripts, but when I needed to make the site dynamic, books and forums taught (and still teach,) me a lot!

Thanks EVERYONE!

Well, I for one would like to welcome all the "newer" members who have been becoming more regular. It's great to get to know everyone a little better through this thread, and I hope you all will remain regular to the forums. I can vouch for the fact that you'll get much more satisfaction from the community from a long stay than just popping your head in to get a question answered here and there ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Ole, Norway, 23

I tried out PHP about 1-2 years ago.. but I stopped completely making website... But I picked it back up around the time I signed up on phpfreaks.com... And all I knew about php at that point was  <?php include(); ?> hehe... so basicly, when people asks I say I started a week ago =) and then a couple of days ago I started trying out MySQL to... so I'm a real rookie... but I'm working hard to approve my PHP knowledge =)

Steven, 17 (18 in December). Junior in HS.

I'm a guy, learned PHP two summers ago by myself and through an online class at my local community college. I'm learning Java right now, and I've (fully) known HTML for about three years (not including the years I just knew the basics). The AP Computer Science A class at my school has one girl; the other 15ish of them are guys (and I'm the only one in AB, so it's fully male-dominated in that one  ;))

I'll probably continue programming into college, but I don't know if I even want a career in it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Jacob, 16 years old, Michigan.

Started PHP about six months ago, HTML I don't know how long ago.  My biggest problem with learning languages is that I immediately get bored with 'em, so I'm tryin' to do my best with my PHP.

Im Brandon Estep.

<?php
header("Location: West Virginia");
if (you dont live in the USA) {
    echo('I live in the US');
}
while (in high school) {
   echo('I done a little c++');
}
for (Im in college;self learning PHP;keep learning more and more) {
   echo('Im 21 now and I do some website stuff for fun mostly and am currently taking Cisco Networking lol');
}
do {
   echo('a big thanks to those who have helped me on these forums');
}
while (Im learning PHP);
?>

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Mark Bedford from ze south of England and i am 15 (16 in august). I learnt html about a year ago alongside some javascript and css. I now want to learn php so i can carry on coding but at a higher level. Im going to college next year to do a btec in computing.

• 2 weeks later...

i am ben from dorset in the uk and i am 15  know html about 70% perfect and am learning php getting good at it. Love playing and help code online games and know a little C but dont plan on learning anymore yet untill i am as good in php as i am in html. Also i have never met a female coder but they must exist.

• 2 weeks later...

My names Skyler, I'm a 14 year old male.  Been coding for about hmmmmm let me see......1 year.  I've been doing PHP coding for a whole 2 days!  Yup, no joke.  Im pretty fluent in html and have some basic knowledge in most codes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm 14  and male and have been coding since I was about 10 or 11 using Actionscript in Macromedia (now Adobe of course) Flash. When I was 11 I went to an "Adult Ed" course (normally you'd have to be 16 to get in... managed to get in though through my dad who was helping with the venue and was friends with the tutor). Done coding in Actionscript, C, C++, Javascript, HTML (I still suck at it, could never be bothered to learn it :P) and PHP. The only languages that I've actually achieved stuff with though are PHP and Actionscipt (although I've forgotten most of the Actionscript I once knew, no need for it now). I would love to learn more PHP and C++ (and German and Cantonese... :P). Um... that's about it for now I think...

18, female, college student in Florida, majoring in Computer Science. Yep, rare. =p I started learning HTML when I was 13, and started programming when I was 15. I know how to program in C, Java, PHP, Flash/Actionscript and know a bit about Javascript, C++, Ruby, VB and ASP.

A lot of people don't expect me to be interested in computers or programming, but my dad's a programmer and my mom's Asian, so I got the best of both. =p

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.