beginner to flash

Toy

so I've always loved flash but due to the lack off decent tutorials in the as3 game community I'm kind of slow in the learning process.

I'm currently stuck at some kind of character selection screen, there should be multiple choices of characters and when one of these is clicked it'd pass the data onto another frame or event or such, hmm, if you don't want to I don't really need code written for me or anything, I mostly just want to know the logic behind how to do it.

also if you would recommend any good game tutorials feel free  :shy:

• 2 weeks later...

You're not going to find a tutorial that specific. That's not really a game programming issue anyway. It's more of a general programming thing.

When you're searching for solutions don't search for things specific like "character selection screen", search for more abstract terms that relate to what you're doing like "passing data between frames", or something.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.