Minimum Validation Needed on a Contact Form

webref.eu

I think you are looking at that the wrong way round, rather than "whats the least I can get away with" you should be asking, "is there anything else that I can do" - personal oppinion.

you should at least have

-accurate character validation

-mysql_real_eascape_sring() on every input

-proper sanitisation

Thanks for your help. I work in XHTML and CSS and have very little experience in PHP. Is this something I can do easily myself with little knowledge, or it something you could help with?

Hi Guys

I am adding a short contact form to a site.  All the fields are text fields.  What do you think is the minimum validation I need to add to make the form safe against hacking etc. 

Thanks

you might want to have a look at the tutorial section of this forum. The is a short guide there.

Thanks, was it this one you were referring to? 

http://www.phpfreaks.com/tutorial/php-security

Presumably, as I am only using a contact form, that just sends an e-mail, there aren't so many security concerns as when adding data to a database?  With an e-mailing script, is there anything in particular I need to cover? 

Thanks

Thanks, was it this one you were referring to? 

http://www.phpfreaks.com/tutorial/php-security

Presumably, as I am only using a contact form, that just sends an e-mail, there aren't so many security concerns as when adding data to a database?  With an e-mailing script, is there anything in particular I need to cover? 

Thanks

yes that is the one.

As for emailscripts: 'email' header injection is certainly something to you want to have read about before you put it on a live server. Otherwise you are hosting a spam company.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.