Generating 2D barcodes

tibberous

It would be quite easy to build yourself given the spec and GD Library/ImageMagick as well.

It would be possible, but I doubt it would be 'quite easy'.

Which is probably why people want compensation for taking to build something that is not easy. Just saying

If this was something I was making money on, I'd just tell the client to pay for the library. Problem is, this is a personal type project -- doesn't make sense to spend money to do something I can do with a desktop app for free. I've released a bunch of stuff for free over the years, and generally when I need something free, it's pretty easy to find - I'm just disappointed that either no one has written it or that the search engines are so flooded with spammers I can't find it.

It would be quite easy to build yourself given the spec and GD Library/ImageMagick as well.

It would be possible, but I doubt it would be 'quite easy'.

Which is probably why people want compensation for taking to build something that is not easy. Just saying

If this was something I was making money on, I'd just tell the client to pay for the library. Problem is, this is a personal type project -- doesn't make sense to spend money to do something I can do with a desktop app for free. I've released a bunch of stuff for free over the years, and generally when I need something free, it's pretty easy to find - I'm just disappointed that either no one has written it or that the search engines are so flooded with spammers I can't find it.

then I'd say it's safe to assume this is your only viable option:

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.