Quoting information from another site

-Felix-

Often you see websites that quote information from another site, for example prices:
Website A presents a product and then quotes the price from website B, the seller, and gets that information displayed on their site (Website A).

The advantage of this over manually getting this information is that it is automatically updated when the seller changes their price and thus you don't have to visit this site B every day/week to check if the price has changed. Instead, everytime your page is loaded it will fetch the price information from that other site.

Now, how do I do this???

If you have permission, then ask for database access or API access, if you scraping then you shouldn't do that without asking permission from the site administrator first. Tell me what your doing and I will give you a quick example based on exactly [b]how[/b] your going to do it!

me!

Let's say there's site A with lots of text and information. There is information that is changing weekly, even daily. Take for example currency rates. They change hourly.

Now on my site, I simply want to quote/fetch the live currency rate from that other site.
How to do this with PHP?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.