[Help] Job seeks website

aquilina

I having a trouble when i getting my final project for my last semester. I have to create a web site for a job seeks. before hits i had made a simple site and develop some system. when i getting the topic of my project that is build a job seeks site, i'm have no idea where i should start. My major problem is database for the site. i have refering and look out for some of job seeks website that mostly required a registeration for the job seeker and employer. For me to create a database for this site is abit complicated. i'm looking for a database guide.

You might also want to look into relational databases

Then follow the tutorial suggested by cssfreakie to handle the information when you pull it from the database.

Here's a quick jump to get you started. The user creates an account and the data is stored in the user table. All your jobs are stored in the Jobs table. When a user wants to follow, apply for a job or whatever, you put the users id and the jobs id in the JobList table that then holds all the jobs a user is interested in. Follow? A working system will be a bit more complex than this simplified example, but it should get you started. Hope it helps.

User <-- table

userid, password <-- fields

Jobs<-- table

jobid, jobtitle, jobdetails<-- fields

JobsList<-- table

userid, jobid<-- fields

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.