space in link text problem

samoht

Hello,

I am having a problem with a link text when ever there is a text that has multiple words.

(e.g. 2 Cor prints out with the white space but when I click on the text the url is printed without the text as 2Cor and so it doesn't find a match)

here is my code:

<?php 
if($_GET['book'] == ''){
$books = $wpdb->get_results("
	SELECT book_name 
	FROM {$wpdb->prefix}sb_books_sermons 
	LEFT JOIN {$wpdb->prefix}sb_books ON {$wpdb->prefix}sb_books_sermons.book_name = name 
	GROUP BY book_name 
	ORDER BY {$wpdb->prefix}sb_books.id 
	ASC 
	");

foreach($books as $book){
		echo '<li><div class="droidlist"><a href="bible/?book='.htmlentities($book->book_name).'">'.$book->book_name.'</a></div></li>'."\n\t";
	}
}

alright,

I changed the htmlentities to preg_replace - to search for any spaces and replace with %20  like so:

<?php 
		echo '<li><div class="droidlist"><a href="bible/?book='.preg_replace('[\s]', '%20', $book->book_name).'">'.$book->book_name.'</a></div></li>'."\n\t";
	}
}

This loos like it should work but again when I click on the link the url removes the %20 and the space and I am back with 2Cor

??

ok,

I am trying rawurlencode() now and it is writing in the %20

then ON the page reload when I get the variable from the url I am using rawurldecode()

but the space is still being removed before I run my query??

<?php
if($_GET['book'] == ''){
$books = $wpdb->get_results("
	SELECT book_name 
	FROM {$wpdb->prefix}sb_books_sermons 
	LEFT JOIN {$wpdb->prefix}sb_books ON {$wpdb->prefix}sb_books_sermons.book_name = name 
	GROUP BY book_name 
	ORDER BY {$wpdb->prefix}sb_books.id 
	ASC 
	");

echo '<li><div class="droidlist"><a href="bible/?book='.htmlentities(rawurlencode($book->book_name)).'">'.$book->book_name.'</a></div></li>'."\n\t";
	}
}else {
$book = $wpdb->escape(rawurldecode($_GET['book']));

So, I got it to work sort of!

I removed the relative link and for some reason that worked. So then I tried just shortening the relative link to

<a href="?book='.rawurlencode($book->book_name).'">'

Which also worked. - not sure why adding the /bible/ in front of the query broke it?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.