Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Atlanticas

Limiting members to one-time options

I would like to do surveys and special contests for my members, but somehow control them from not submiting too many times. I would love to redirect them to a page or message that indicated they've already entered this survey. Is this complex or simple? And what info would you need from my database/php to help me?

You could make people enter a valid e-mail to enter, you can then check the e-mail against your db and see if they have already entered.

EDIT: If they are already members, you could add a new table for each servey. One of your columns could be user_id. When the member clicks the button first time their user_id will be saved. If they click it a second time it will check for the members id and reject the second application.

Not a forum but some kind of PHP based MySQL database, not good with lingo and terms. You can login, access a Myacct area where you can change your password, email, etc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.