Signature yes/no per message

I think it would be a good idea to have the ability to withhold one's signature from certain messages. It would improve the readability of threads. A condition to make this work would be to put the checkbox prominently in sight, e.g. right above the message entry form (also above the Quick Reply form).

Even better, the signature could be withheld by default, and only put under a message if the author ticks the checkbox, which could then be placed under the form. 

I thought this feature already existed but apparently not.

Currently there are a few devs working on upgrading the forums to a newer version. Once this is complete and in production we plan on collecting together a bunch of feature requests and seeing what we would like to implement. This request falls into that basket. We'll look at it when we get to it.

Thanks for the idea!

You're welcome.

You wrote: "Currently there are a few devs working on upgrading the forums to a newer version." Regarding the threads/messages themselves, things could indeed improve (line length limited to some 50 characters including spaces, 'Last edited' line less prominent, signature only if box ticked). However, what you should never change, is the page layout of the threads overview pages. Apart from maybe the line length on really wide screens (> 1280), you now have the best overview page layout/user friendliness of all forums that I know!! And please believe me when I say that I know a *lot* of forums, always on the look for the ultimate. Which, regarding those pages I have found here in PHP Freaks! Not every upgrade is an improvement! 

Another thing that could improve is the period during which one can edit one's message. I would suggest to extend that until the moment that the next message has been posted in the thread. For example, I would like to remove the exclamation marks in my previous post, but that is no longer possible.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.