write file to network drive

jakebur01

Is there a way to write a file to a directory on my network?

I tried creating a shortcut called automated and pointed it to the network path.  I also set up a virtual directory called automated in IIS and still could not make it work. I gave it read and write permissions.

error

Warning: fopen(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dompdf\automated\resource.pdf) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\date.php on line 69

Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\date.php on line 70

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\date.php on line 71

code

require_once("dompdf/dompdf_config.inc.php");

$html =
  '<html><body>'.
  '<p>Put your html here, or generate it with your favourite '.
  'templating system.</p>'.
  '</body></html>';

$dompdf = new DOMPDF();
$dompdf->load_html($html);
$dompdf->render(); 
$pdfoutput = $dompdf->output(); 
$filename = "C:\\Inetpub\\wwwroot\\dompdf\\automated\\resource.pdf"; 
$fp = fopen($filename, "a"); 
fwrite($fp, $pdfoutput); 
fclose($fp); 

You can't append to a PDF file anyway, so you may want to abandon this whole line.

To answer your direct question: I don't believe IIS can go through virtual directories.  See if you can view the files using glob() or exec() just as a test.

Disclaimer:  I haven't worked on an IIS server in 8 years.

-Dan

Disclaimer:  I haven't worked on an IIS server in 8 years.

Me neither, but in addition, by directory on your network I assume you mean mapped drive as opposed to UNC?  If so, the actual IIS user would need access to the location and would need to map this drive.  Maybe at the beginning of your script.

hmm..  I tried mapping a drive under M:\ pointing it to the sharename, but I got the same error.

Warning: fopen(M:\resource.pdf) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\date.php on line 69

$filename = "M:\\resource.pdf";

The IIS user needs to map the drive.  So something like this maybe at the top of your script:

exec('net use M: \\computername\path\to\dir');

//or just try:

$filename = '\\computername\path\to\dir\resource.pdf';

It's been a while and I didn't really use PHP under IIS.  ut regardless, the IIS user nomally 'iuser_somethingcryptic' needs to have read/write access to that location.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.