[ARCHIVE] Get to know your fellow coder

ober

Hi all, nice to meet you :)

My name is Jon I am 49 and live in Huddersfield West Yorkshire over in the UK I have been playing with PHP MySQL and HTML for around 5 years sadly my web design skills leave something to be desired so I tend to make use of free website templates and design around them no doubt I will have plenty of dumb questions for this community, I am trying to get an understanding of XML for use on my website I have also moved toward W3C compliance which is surprisingly difficult to do well, anyway, I'll stop now before I bore you all to tears ;)

Jon

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure what the hell.

I'm Wayne, 21 years of age and from Wexford Town in Ireland. Currently I am in college, working towards a degree in Applications Development. Two years ago, I had little or no knowledge of computers whatsoever and ended up picking my course by accident. Funny mistake but now I'm glad I made it. My course teaches us Java, which I'm pretty good at for my level. I started using PHP & MySQL about four or five months ago and love it. I've also done some C++ and VB but nothing to ring home about.

On a more personal note; I have a girlfriend who I've been with since I was 14. I have a couple of websites up, trying to make a buck here and there from adsense... but nothing great as anyone who has ever dealt with adsense will know. I finished work experience not so long ago. Was a PHP/MySQL developer trainee that was... um trained by Google (and PHPFREAKS) instead of my seniors. Currently I'm trying to make some money out of web design and trying my hand as Google optimisation for my websites. I'm also working on a big project for myself that I hope to launch in the next two months. I'm hoping this project will earn me enough to get me through college.

I love all kinds of music. Used to be heavily into rap but got bored with the repeat material that most rappers offer. Spent most of my teenage years doing stock-the-shelves work and was a furniture delivery man for a year. Was also a waiter but didn't do too well at that. Worked in Gamestop too.

I'm a bit of a troll sometimes, which is just boredom on my part (Sorry to all). I perpetuate the Irish stereotype by getting myself piss-ass drunk every Saturday night and telling anyone I meet the latest insulting/insensitive joke I've heard. Yes. I often cringe when I wake up on a Sunday; but I know that I'll do the exact same thing the next week.

Used to be into remixing rap songs during my "rap phase." Used to mix the vocals of one song with the instrumental of another. Pretty difficult task as you'd know if you tried it yourself. Used to sell those remixes for €7 a pop and never once had a dissatisfied customer. I ended up stopping my bootlegging career when I just lost the love for it.

I love helping others here on PHPFreaks; and I'm glad and greatful when somebody else can help me.

I think that's all. Oh, and my bank account details and pin number is 984938LOL98983498934-3443-3434 837263

Hello Im Nick,

Im 20 years old with 3 step kids (20,13,and 11) and one of my own on the way due in May!! been married now for about a year and recently got out of the military. I know work as a Senior PHP developer and get to work on various types of ecommerce websites, mentoring and teaching college grads ( most of which are older than I am ). I am a completely self-taught developer and when I'm not working I'm doing freelance work and developing and planning the release of a CMS that I have built over the past year named cSystem.

Live development can be seen at http://teamicenine.com

I am a hard-core OOP programmer ( although at work we are still using PHP 4) and specialize in the security.

hi everyone im krizelle or kzel im 16 and i am a college student from philippines im taking the course information technology and i really have difficulties about my subject database and java(computer programming) im really glad to find this site i think this site will help me with my problems at school
so yeah,i hope to meet nice people who can help me more and more thanks.

i really have bad english :-\

Im 23 born and bred in Buckinghamshire England im of Pakistani decent, i spent 2 years in college studying Digital Media BTech cos i dropped out of IT, if i dint do that i wouldn't be a web developer, i then went on to go and study Network and Computing Sciences BSc Hons and got a First Class, i have been working for just over a year and am looking to use more technologies and get them under my belt in a working environment i find this to be the hard part in my career in web development and network management. Other than that im a keen Xbox 360er.

Sweet, I'm a 360er as well. Although I haven't been on Live in god knows how long. Gears FTW. :)

Anyway. Me... I'm 17, born in Melbourne, Australia. Moved out to the country as a little tacker and grown up in the sticks since. Still out here... In the sticks... No broadband, dial-up for me. Travel 60km everyday to get to school, boring after 11-12 years of sitting on the same bus.
Started web design when I was about 12. No PHP then, just HTML. Got into PHP at about 13 and a half, and have been happily coding it since.
Next year I hope to go to the Australian Army for the GAP year program.

It's interesting to read everyone's stories. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Greetings fellow coders  8)

I'm Robert, 22 years old, from Serbia. Into PHP for about 2 years now, did some smaller and bigger projects, currently I'm more focusing on finishing the college (only 2 more exams). Did a full time job as PHP programmer for 5 months, that was cool, but freelancing suits me better :)

A few months ago I fell in love with Zend Framework, using it quite well, but still have to learn a lot about it.

Besides PHP I was foolin' around with Python, hope I'll get back to it one day.

In my spare time I write my blog.

Listening to rock and metal music.

Cheers!

[quote]I'm more focusing on finishing the college (only 2 more exams).[/quote]

I'm almost in the same boat as you.  Did a web development internship since last semester and still working there.  I don't have 2 exams but 2 classes left till graduation in December.  Good luck to you!

[quote author=Maq link=topic=112560.msg1008685#msg1008685 date=1223432135]I'm almost in the same boat as you.  Did a web development internship since last semester and still working there.  I don't have 2 exams but 2 classes left till graduation in December.  Good luck to you!
[/quote]
Good luck to you, too :)

Ok, well, I'm 14 years old, I have been active in computers for about 5 years now starting when I was nine when my uncle first taught me a lot about them. I have known HTML for about 2 years now and i started PHP about 7 months ago. I also know sql, js, and css. I am looking to go to [url=http://farmingdale.edu/]Farmingdale State College[/url] of Long Island, New York. I am hoping to get my Masters of Science so I have that for computer programming and then my Associates or Bachelors Degree in Art and Design for web/application design. I'm currently in a relationship right now. I also live in Southeastern, MI, US. I'd love to do some coding for you, so please just message me or e-mail me at kawasakisx14@yahoo.com.

Thanks. :)

Seems like there are so many young people on these forums.  I mean I'm only 22 but I keep seeing kids like 15-20 years old with more years experience than I have...  :P

My name is Chris.

I'm 16, own my own IT buisness doing small buisness/residential work.

I have been fluent in PHP for abotu a year now, and before that I learned JS, HTML, CSS and a few scripting langs.

I currently program:
HTML
CSS
JS
PHP
Bat
SH
C (learning)
VB (Learning)

I enjoy programming, flying (aiming to get my PPL soon, and am a member of my local EAA chapter (32)), biking (Kona!), and target shooting.

Chris

Yeah, I am quite young. I teach all the seniors in my computers in my class what to do since I've already finished every assignment for the semester and it's only the first half of the quarter so I have about 12 weeks to do anything I want in class for an hour. But I started coding when I was only 11 and I'm one of the smartest people in my school when it comes to computers, especially coding.

I'm also glad to see that there are a lot of other young people on the forum.

[quote author=R4nk3d link=topic=112560.msg1009614#msg1009614 date=1223514532]
Ok, well, I'm 14 years old, I have been active in computers for about 5 years now starting when I was nine when my uncle first taught me a lot about them. I have known HTML for about 2 years now and i started PHP about 7 months ago. I also know sql, js, and css. I am looking to go to [url=http://farmingdale.edu/]Farmingdale State College[/url] of Long Island, New York. I am hoping to get my Masters of Science so I have that for computer programming and then my Associates or Bachelors Degree in Art and Design for web/application design. I'm currently in a relationship right now. I also live in Southeastern, MI, US. I'd love to do some coding for you, so please just message me or e-mail me at kawasakisx14@yahoo.com.

Thanks. :)
[/quote]

i done a btech in digital media and then a bachilors honours in network science very similar to what ur proposing and a good combo.

[quote author=Maq link=topic=112560.msg1009691#msg1009691 date=1223520917]
Seems like there are so many young people on these forums.  I mean I'm only 22 but I keep seeing kids like 15-20 years old with more years experience than I have...  :P
[/quote]

Hey, you think that's bad?  I'm [b]28[/b]. :P