[ARCHIVE] Get to know your fellow coder

ober

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote author=aximbigfan link=topic=112560.msg1020104#msg1020104 date=1224598309]
It is interesting but there are SO MANY BUGS in the socket functions. I just wish someone would go in and fix things up a bit. I don't know enough of C to do so, but I would if I could.

Chris
[/quote]

Yeah, C gets messy when pointers come into play.  C++ isn't so bad because it has references, but C... yeesh, it can get [b]real[/b] ugly real fast.

Ok, that's enough.

This thread is for people introducing themselves, not random discussion. The last ~10 posts were not on topic and I'm very tired of this thread showing up in my 'unread replies' list because people are adding off topic comments. Not bashing the discussion itself, but do it somewhere where it's on topic.

One free warning only. Next one goes on the record.

guess I'm a bit late but better late than never right?

My name in case you haven't already figured it out is Alex;
[list]
[*]I'm 24 years old
[*]I live in São Paulo Brazil
[*]I'm single at the moment (was engaged to a great girl in the very recent past but we broke it off)
[*]I live alone, have no pets (wish i had a dalmatian!) and finishing Uni (comp-sci)
[*]I work at a web-based startup backed by a venture capital fund (which is an awesome and exciting experience)
[*]I still do freelance web-related development in my spare time (lately it's been mostly personal projects though)
[*]I've been programming since I was 13 (QBasic/VB 3.0) but was only introduced to OOP in 2003 (Java) and have been focused on web-based stuff (*AMP, JS, XHTML, CSS, etc) since 2006 but only really got serious about using the OO features early this year
[*]I can't design for the life of me... my photoshop skills limited to hiding layers and cropping
[/list]

and I think that's already borderline too much! :)

Anyway [b]HI![/b]

I hope I've been helpful to others and I'm very thankful to all who've helped me (sorry if i forget some of the more complicated screen-names (you know who you are!), but KeeB, DarkWater and corbin come to mind as some of the guys who've really helped me mature as a programmer!

See you around!

Alex

My name is Andrés Ibañez.

I am 16 years old.

I live at La Paz Bolivia, but I am not planning to go to college here or to work here.

I have only had one girlfriend and I don't want another one till I turn 18.

I live with my brother, mom, and 4 cats.

I am a normal highschool student.

I learned HTML last year, and have expanded my self learning CSS, JS, PHP, and C++. I'm good at those.

My first interest was graphic design. While I am good with Photoshop, is not something I really enjoy.

Random facts:

- I want to become an actor AND a programmer. My favorite actress in life is Elle Fanning and she inspires me.

- I have never received any classes on computer, except the very basic stuff when I was a child. When it comes to languages, I am self taugh and obviously I always ask if I have questions.

- Even though I am really good with computers, I'm sure I am more of a creative person. I love art and such.

That's for now :).

My name is Andrés Ibañez.

I am 16 years old.

I live at La Paz Bolivia, but I am not planning to go to college here or to work here.

I have only had one girlfriend and I don't want another one till I turn 18.

I live with my brother, mom, and 4 cats.

I am a normal highschool student.

I learned HTML last year, and have expanded my self learning CSS, JS, PHP, and C++. I'm good at those.

My first interest was graphic design. While I am good with Photoshop, is not something I really enjoy.

Random facts:

- I want to become an actor AND a programmer. My favorite actress in life is Elle Fanning and she inspires me.

- I have never received any classes on computer, except the very basic stuff when I was a child. When it comes to languages, I am self taugh and obviously I always ask if I have questions.

- Even though I am really good with computers, I'm sure I am more of a creative person. I love art and such.

That's for now :).

You are girl correct?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All!

My name is Ben, and I am a junior programmer from Taunton, England. I am 20 years old and live with my girlfriend.

I enjoy programming, motorcycling, photography and gaming.

I code in PHP, CSS, XHTML (All valid), I will occasionally dabble in bit of VB6, but not to often.

I have been employed as a junior programmer now for only a few months, but have been developing websites for a few years now. I am mad keen on making my sites validate (as I see far too many which aren't), I am also very keen on making sure my UI is as accessible as possible.

ILMV stand for i love my vans, and no, not transit vans --> http://www.extreme-direct.co.uk/ProdImg/20879_1_large.jpg

And the whole 'this thread is useless without pics' notion is not enough encouragement for me to post 'almost nude' pics of my girlfriend :P although I would say that if I did do that, I would have no meat+veg to speak of :D

ILMV stand for i love my vans, and no, not transit vans --> http://www.extreme-direct.co.uk/ProdImg/20879_1_large.jpg

And the whole 'this thread is useless without pics' notion is not enough encouragement for me to post 'almost nude' pics of my girlfriend :P although I would say that if I did do that, I would have no meat+veg to speak of :D

they are a rip off of rebok classics

What kind of motorcycling do you do? Street? I do motocross on a Suzuki RM250.

Yea, well I have a Suzuki GS500F, its not too bad for a first bike, but 3 years later I want something with a bit of pop, so I am planning on investing in a BMW F800GS, its a lot faster, so much so I almost got pulled by the cops on the test ride :D

I would love to do a bit of motocross, but I would prefer to go fast know my tyres are stuck to tarmac, still, if I get the opportunity I doubt I will turn it down.