[ARCHIVE] Get to know your fellow coder

ober

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just introduce yourself salathe and ignore all that crap. I would have hoped a mod will at least move all that irrelevant prattle to a seperate thread, but doesn't look very likely.

why is it irrelivent?  i like your pratriotism but you dont get very far by just suckling u gota do some work too

(some people ...... i dont know...)

well, this is in the misc. forum, lol.  Home of irrelevant prattle.

sup crayon..

salathe, cags just because ur both called pete dosent mean you have start being a gang.

salathe, i have been using thsi forum for almost 5 years and have always had good results

@nadeem: i'm pretty sure you completely missed the subtext of salathe's and cags' posts. let's just bury this all and get back to the point of the thread: introducing ourselves.

@salathe: go ahead and introduce yourself! we all know the regex forum can be rather lonely.

Why am I not surprised you have had 3 jobs in 3 years, I'm amased they all put up with you for a year...

actualy i have worked on and completed over 30, 2000 user mega corperation CMS's and 2 ERP's for ISP's for WIFI VOIP and IPTV managment, i have managed, supported developed and designed

but i am a child yet,

when i become an ENGINEER then i will talk to you like a big man's when i have a wife, a house and kids

but right yet i am a lone ryder

i have 1 or 2 years left before my parents arange my marriage and force me to purchase a house

Well, I'll keep it brief. Here are the usual details: I'm a 25 year old from Lancashire, England and mainly joined this place to be part of a more mature community (both in terms of the people and the site itself).  Academically, I have an MA in Archaeology from Edinburgh University (usually spend a couple of months every summer out in the field) and maybe some day I'll move over to that side of the fence for my career. As it stands now, I'm a PHP developer (currently unemployed) and am really pushing on with that as it is something that I love (and appear to be competent at).  I'm also a contributor to the PHP documentation (:rtfm:), trying to give something back to a resource that has been really useful to me over the years.  I enjoy reading (historical novels seem to be a current trend) and like to relax in front of a movie, when I'm not lurking in the regex forum.

To both of you i am currently at a 35% knowledge level of REGEX i can use the manuals but im sure i might meet you guys in teh forums soon, nice to see you here, and your contributions are very much appreciated by people like myself.

Where is the test to find out what % you are in regex? I wonder what my overall PHP coding skill % is at...

Well, I'll keep it brief. Here are the usual details: I'm a 25 year old from Lancashire, England and mainly joined this place to be part of a more mature community (both in terms of the people and the site itself).  Academically, I have an MA in Archaeology from Edinburgh University (usually spend a couple of months every summer out in the field) and maybe some day I'll move over to that side of the fence for my career. As it stands now, I'm a PHP developer (currently unemployed) and am really pushing on with that as it is something that I love (and appear to be competent at).  I'm also a contributor to the PHP documentation (:rtfm:), trying to give something back to a resource that has been really useful to me over the years.  I enjoy reading (historical novels seem to be a current trend) and like to relax in front of a movie, when I'm not lurking in the regex forum.

out of curiosity, which came first: PHP development, or the MA? they seem rather divergent. (i'm not criticizing of course, considering i have a BSc in chemistry...)