#221 ILMV

ILMV
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 502 posts
  • LocationTaunton, England

Posted 07 November 2008 - 10:32 AM

Thats a big bike to get on when you have just turned 16, where do you come from?

#222 R4nk3d

R4nk3d
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 158 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 06:53 PM

Im from michigan, us. ive been riding since i was 6.
Once you get to the top, the only way you can go is down.

#223 ILMV

ILMV
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 502 posts
  • LocationTaunton, England

Posted 07 November 2008 - 07:27 PM

Cool, well remember to take it easy, you don't want to become a statistic

#224 akitchin

akitchin
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 07 November 2008 - 07:58 PM

[...] you don't want to become a statistic

that is, assuming the statistic isn't "number of totally badass people in the world."  in that case i'd like to become a statistic.

#225 JasonLewis

JasonLewis
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,351 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Australia

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:38 AM

I'm a statistic. :)
Good luck with your coding.
Jason / ProjectFear / Jaysonic

#226 R4nk3d

R4nk3d
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 158 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 12:32 AM

[...] you don't want to become a statistic

that is, assuming the statistic isn't "number of totally badass people in the world."  in that case i'd like to become a statistic.

hahaha. yeah im that statistic
Once you get to the top, the only way you can go is down.

#227 dclamp

dclamp
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 102 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 01 December 2008 - 06:17 AM

ILMV stand for i love my vans, and no, not transit vans --> http://www.extreme-d...879_1_large.jpg

And the whole 'this thread is useless without pics' notion is not enough encouragement for me to post 'almost nude' pics of my girlfriend :P although I would say that if I did do that, I would have no meat+veg to speak of :D

Ah Ben, nice to see that i finally found you. I will vouch for Ben, he has a GF, and she is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...nice... ;)

Anyway. My name is Dylan, Im 16, just about 17 (Dec 27th). I have been coding in PHP for the past 2.5 years. Some place i would really like to visit is the UK so i can meet up with some of my buddies that i talk with.

#228 nadeemshafi9

nadeemshafi9
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,245 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 December 2008 - 04:23 PM

ILMV stand for i love my vans, and no, not transit vans --> http://www.extreme-d...879_1_large.jpg

And the whole 'this thread is useless without pics' notion is not enough encouragement for me to post 'almost nude' pics of my girlfriend :P although I would say that if I did do that, I would have no meat+veg to speak of :D

Ah Ben, nice to see that i finally found you. I will vouch for Ben, he has a GF, and she is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...nice... ;)

Anyway. My name is Dylan, Im 16, just about 17 (Dec 27th). I have been coding in PHP for the past 2.5 years. Some place i would really like to visit is the UK so i can meet up with some of my buddies that i talk with.

theres a recession in the uk, they say it bites anyone who come snear it i never seen it thogh so i dont belive in it.
DONT LAY AN EGG OVER IT

#229 dclamp

dclamp
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 102 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:50 AM

theres a recession in the uk, they say it bites anyone who come snear it i never seen it thogh so i dont belive in it.

ahhh. recession is in the air! US and UK? thats lovely...

#230 corbin

corbin
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:02 AM

Do you believe in air?

You were kidding, right?  The technical term of a recession has definitely been met, although some people feel it less than others.
Why doesn't anyone ever say hi, hey, or whad up world?

#231 crtreedude

crtreedude
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 32 posts
  • LocationCosta Rica

Posted 06 December 2008 - 02:34 PM

Hi all, just climbed on board mainly because I am getting back into programming. I am 49 years old, own my own business (plantations and reforestation) in Costa Rica where we employee more than 40 people.

I stopped coding about a year ago after more years than I like to remember (C++, SQL, DSP, VB, 25+ other languages) having gotten tired of debugging the world... besides, didn't need to.

Now, I have returned to my roots. I began programming as a hobby, now I am doing it again for enjoyment. We have a fulltime developer, but I don't want him to have all the fun. :lol:

Married for 28+ years, living in the tropics. I will try not to mention too much about our weather during the winter months up there...

#232 nadeemshafi9

nadeemshafi9
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,245 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:00 PM

Do you believe in air?

You were kidding, right?  The technical term of a recession has definitely been met, although some people feel it less than others.

i live with my parents i dont pay rent so i guess ur right
DONT LAY AN EGG OVER IT

#233 mikelopez

mikelopez
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 07:34 PM

Mike Lopez here.  Am from the Philippines but working at home for a US-based company.  Married with 3 kids (which means I need to work really hard).  I'm also a blogger and I maintain a bunch of blogs on different topics.

I've been coding for almost 10 years now and though many admire my acquired talents, I still think that I still need to learn more - perhaps through the help of you guys. :)

Found this forum while trying to find for a solution for a problem with Bluefish's syntax highlighting for PHP strings defined the HEREDOC way.  This is the particular post that got me in:
http://www.phpfreaks...html#msg1065693

Cheers!

#234 twm

twm
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 03:52 AM

Well, where should I start. As you will/can tell, my first language isn't English, so I apologize for grammar and spelling. Been a sort of programmer for a while. Started in '83 then went to play soldier for a few years (in '88).

Once I learned English (had no choice, ended up in Canada), I started up with programming again, and been doing it on and off for a few years now. Even got a diploma in Internet and E-Commerce Application Development. Woohoo! An other one for the office wall! Everybody has to make a living, right?

Currently working as a sub contractor for a video conferencing company / network provider. Don't do much programming anymore, so it became a sort of a hobby, doing projects for companies (name dropping spot here: Intel, Orange Julius, Peek Freans and a few more smaller - bigger projects for companies (internal applications) Telemerge, IPV Gateways...etc

The fave is PHP/MySQL stuff but sometimes still code .NET (but we don't talk about that). Most of my time is spent front of the computer, but it has it's upside as well. Don't have to leave the house if I don't feel up to it. Grab a beer and a smoke and have fun with some code.

What do I do for fun? Write PHP scripts. J/K. I play pool in a few leagues, and get together with a few buddies for a poker game or two. (or maybe that is in the drinking beer category)

Oh well, next I will learn some social skills, so I can actually talk to people about something (or at least myself). :-D
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.”

#235 Mikedean

Mikedean
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 79 posts
  • LocationEssex, England

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:39 AM

Hi everyone, I'm Michael Dean (but please don't call me Michael, Mike will do :P), I'm 19, I live in Essex, England and have recently gone self employed after leaving my last job a few months ago.

I've been programming since I was 14 as a hobby, but have stepped it up over the past 2 years. I'm extremely confident in my PHP, Classic ASP skills, plus the usual XHTML, CSS and JavaScript, although you can never know everything, so I'll be looking forward to learning from some of your guys :).

My hello's always sound cheesy so I shall end it here. :)
Freelance Web Development Services

PHP, Active Server Pages (Classic ASP), C# (.Net), MySQL, SQL Server, HTML, CSS + JavaScript.

#236 Stormraven

Stormraven
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Location$_home

Posted 28 December 2008 - 04:42 AM

hello there everyone, im new here :) I'm here to learn PHP and some other languages. Also maybe get to know some people on here :)

#237 Coreye

Coreye
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • PHPHelpCenter.com
  • 539 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 December 2008 - 04:52 AM

Hi. My name is Corey. Welcome to PHPFreaks :).

PHP Help Center - PHP Help and Security Testing.  :)

#238 Stormraven

Stormraven
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Location$_home

Posted 28 December 2008 - 04:57 AM

Hello Coreye thankyou for the warm welcome, have you been coding long?

#239 seanthreeZ

seanthreeZ
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationjacksonville, fl

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:25 PM

hi all,
my name is sean. 21, married, 1 kid ( 2months old ). hmmm....bachelors in software engineering. i really like php for the fun but only have been messing with it for about a year or two. just looking for a good community to share and expand knowledge. i've run across this forum a few times while searching for a couple of fixes so i figured it would be a good one to join lol. im a huge texas hold'em fan and play alot on pokerstars. also play xbox live ( when i have the chance ) things like: halo, l4d, fable 2, etc. anyway, i guess that's me in a nutshell lol
Nothing to Gein

#240 mojopanel

mojopanel
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUK, Whitehaven

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:05 PM

Let me have a go.. (don't skit)

I am 14, single :). I love coding in php/mysql (well learning but getting better), I have 1 hobby witch is Model Railway, I support West Brom (UK football team). Well that's all i got to say...
www.mojo-panel.com
Mojo-panel.com - Free Hosting Script
----------------------------------------------------
www.mojo-panel.com/forums
Mojo-panel.com - Free Hosting Script - Support Forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users