#261 jackpf

jackpf
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,410 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 April 2009 - 10:34 PM

I'm Jack and I'm 16. I rarely leave my room and I think I now suffer from heliophobia. I like to program. I like music, and playing my guitar. My pride is in my website; I possess seldom else to show for my feeble life. I have GCSE's in a couple of weeks and I hope I don't fail. I believe that sums up my futile existence...

#262 nadeemshafi9

nadeemshafi9
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,245 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:30 AM

@obsidian - there's a strong link between people who have an interest in music (performance rather than listening) and maths/logic, which is generally what alot of programming/coding revolves around. also the fact that both are creative and involve serious concentration means they both have similar appeal. i read all that somewhere a while back.

also yeah i'm amazed by the amount of offspring us lot have collectively too. blowing the myth of "bedroom geeks" out the water  ;D

When I first was casually reading this, I'm thinking to myself.. strong link with music, and programming? Then it hit me. He is right.
A day doesn't go by that I am not drumming with my hands (and the beat is rhythmic too!) I guess it's just i'm 'programmed' to be a 'programmer' haha.

Now a little bit about me as a fellow coder.
I started off buying a domain (http://lukeidiot.com) and just putting a basic design (html) with a plain white background and with a little sentence about me, and what I had plan for the next day. I eventually ended up messing around with visual basic, make a few applications for myself and such, then I got to playing around with databases and connecting them to access and all that good stuff.
Then some how I found out about good ole PHP. It was a lot easier to use and manage databases with, and that's problably why I have stuck to PHP.

I'm currently trying to figure out what programming I should pursue for my career, as I really love programming, and think it will be a good career choice for me. That's just a little piece about me, thanks for reading haha ?>

'

i used to do the accordian and the keyboard and put together tunes on that dj program when i was 7 so your right
DONT LAY AN EGG OVER IT

#263 premiso

premiso
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Trollololol
  • 6,969 posts
  • LocationHairy Beaverville

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:05 AM

My name is Jim...and that is all I have to say about that.
Did I assist you? Feeling like contributing to my gaming addiction?

Assist with my gaming addiction! | Free Flash Games | lxt Article Site

#264 alphanumetrix

alphanumetrix
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:22 PM

I'm Jack and I'm 16. I rarely leave my room and I think I now suffer from heliophobia. I like to program. I like music, and playing my guitar. My pride is in my website; I possess seldom else to show for my feeble life. I have GCSE's in a couple of weeks and I hope I don't fail. I believe that sums up my futile existence...

heliophobia? are you a vampire?  :D

wow... there are a lot of different people on here. guess I'll share, too.

I'm Danny, just turned 15. I spend a fair amount of free time coding. Have no idea why at this point, just obsessed I guess. Other than that, I spend a lot of time at the movies and school...

#265 nadeemshafi9

nadeemshafi9
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,245 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:48 PM

you guys guess what i left my old job now i work in an isp hooking on to there VOIP TV viewing and internet traffic shaping and usage DB's i use zend studio + CVS zend framework and extjs with a extjs-php wrapper php5 and mysql 5 with navicat.

the stuff looks sooo advanced, it looks like your using windows in a webpage, the panels have grids search sort im using json alot, its all so exciting.
DONT LAY AN EGG OVER IT

#266 freelancef2

freelancef2
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:09 PM

Hey,

I am Max from New York and this is my first forum entry here.. Since I am new to forum community and I feel I am in midst of my own learning curve. Everyday’s there is new discussion, topics coming up, I feel sometimes, that I have to learn a lot, hope you guys have patient on me.

Thanks for reading me and giving me your valuable time

Max

#267 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:22 PM

My company just flew me to New York at the beginning of the month for some business.  Place is too big and scary for me. 
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#268 nadeemshafi9

nadeemshafi9
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,245 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:45 PM

My company just flew me to New York at the beginning of the month for some business.  Place is too big and scary for me. 

nice i wana go too, you wna be carfull eating teh meat
DONT LAY AN EGG OVER IT

#269 Warlock768

Warlock768
  • New Members (no posts)
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 08:00 AM

Yes you should be careful eating the meat., I know someone die just eating a meat.,too horrible right?

#270 michoholic

michoholic
  • New Members (no posts)
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:15 AM

Hello,
I am Mohamed Ahmed, 27 years old, Live in Sudan..
I am new to PHP, hopefully I will become better and better here in this forum.
thanx

#271 Adam

Adam
  • Moderators
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,730 posts
  • LocationSheffield / UK

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:38 PM

My name's Adam, 20 next month.

I play the guitar and lots of it. Anyone else?

#272 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:59 PM

When you say "play the guitar" do you really mean "play guitar hero"?  Apparently there are a lot of people out there who feel those 2 statements are the same.
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#273 Adam

Adam
  • Moderators
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,730 posts
  • LocationSheffield / UK

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:42 PM

Ha, get f*****! Nah, to be honest I've never even played it. Play guitar (to the best of my ability) like led zeppelin, stones, the doors, black crowes, AC/DC, stuff like that. Even enjoy playing some Creedence, taj mahal.. and stuff. Do you play? I'm playing in a band at the moment as rhythm, with some vocals. Its nothing serious though, just a laugh!

#274 Kris

Kris
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,755 posts
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:23 PM

When you say "play the guitar" do you really mean "play guitar hero"?  Apparently there are a lot of people out there who feel those 2 statements are the same.

Guitar Hero is a fun game, especially when the lads are round with a few beers. Yes, I play actual guitar too.

#275 Adam

Adam
  • Moderators
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,730 posts
  • LocationSheffield / UK

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:57 PM

O'reily! What kind of music do you play?

#276 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:26 PM

I do not play guitar, but I always wanted to.  I've actually been thinking about getting one for a while now. 

#277 Kris

Kris
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,755 posts
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 17 June 2009 - 06:10 PM

O'reily! What kind of music do you play?

Blues and rock mainly.

#278 PugJr

PugJr
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 678 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:14 PM

Wow, I can't believe I missed this topic.  :(

Anyways, interesting to know that these people here are older folks.

#279 RichardRotterdam

RichardRotterdam
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:27 AM

I do not play guitar, but I always wanted to.  I've actually been thinking about getting one for a while now.

As far as I've seen most people start out by learning how to play a power chord accompanied with a beer. A lot of the basic rock songs use that one chord and that chord only. As for the beer , yeah well that just gives you the illusion that you are playing better.

#280 Adam

Adam
  • Moderators
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,730 posts
  • LocationSheffield / UK

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:36 AM

As far as I've seen most people start out by learning how to play a power chord accompanied with a beer. A lot of the basic rock songs use that one chord and that chord only. As for the beer , yeah well that just gives you the illusion that you are playing better.

Generally start learning some basic notes and chords. Power chords would probably strain your hand too much at first and be harder to play. Plus a power chord isn't just 1 chord, there's quite a lot of 'em. Oh and a rock song made of power chords only would be awful, and booze makes it much harder to play at first.. but you can get used to it!

I found AC/DC songs were the best to learn from, the rhythm in certain songs is really simple but sounds pretty good, or amazing to yourself if you've just started learning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users