382 replies to this topic

#361 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:22 PM

this is stupid.
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#362 salathe

salathe
  • Staff Alumni
  • Badger
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:34 PM

I was going to introduce myself, still being fairly new to the community—not too sure I want to now.  Back to the regex forum for me. :-\
PHP Documentation Team

#363 cags

cags
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,231 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire, UK

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:42 PM

Just introduce yourself salathe and ignore all that crap. I would have hoped a mod will at least move all that irrelevant prattle to a seperate thread, but doesn't look very likely.
CodeCanyon - Cheap, High Quality, Ready Made Scripts.

#364 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:36 PM

well, this is in the misc. forum, lol.  Home of irrelevant prattle.
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#365 nadeemshafi9

nadeemshafi9
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,245 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:13 PM

Just introduce yourself salathe and ignore all that crap. I would have hoped a mod will at least move all that irrelevant prattle to a seperate thread, but doesn't look very likely.

why is it irrelivent?  i like your pratriotism but you dont get very far by just suckling u gota do some work too

(some people ...... i dont know...)
DONT LAY AN EGG OVER IT

#366 nadeemshafi9

nadeemshafi9
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,245 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:21 PM

well, this is in the misc. forum, lol.  Home of irrelevant prattle.

sup crayon..

salathe, cags just because ur both called pete dosent mean you have start being a gang.

salathe, i have been using thsi forum for almost 5 years and have always had good results

DONT LAY AN EGG OVER IT

#367 akitchin

akitchin
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:39 PM

@nadeem: i'm pretty sure you completely missed the subtext of salathe's and cags' posts. let's just bury this all and get back to the point of the thread: introducing ourselves.

@salathe: go ahead and introduce yourself! we all know the regex forum can be rather lonely.

#368 nadeemshafi9

nadeemshafi9
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,245 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:53 PM

hello,
yukshimash

my name eh borat, i from kazakstan, my country send me over to US and A to make movie films about american culture,

you watch

chunquie

DONT LAY AN EGG OVER IT

#369 cags

cags
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:55 PM

Why am I not surprised you have had 3 jobs in 3 years, I'm amased they all put up with you for a year...

#370 nadeemshafi9

nadeemshafi9
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,245 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:57 PM

Why am I not surprised you have had 3 jobs in 3 years, I'm amased they all put up with you for a year...

actualy i have worked on and completed over 30, 2000 user mega corperation CMS's and 2 ERP's for ISP's for WIFI VOIP and IPTV managment, i have managed, supported developed and designed

but i am a child yet,

when i become an ENGINEER then i will talk to you like a big man's when i have a wife, a house and kids

but right yet i am a lone ryder

i have 1 or 2 years left before my parents arange my marriage and force me to purchase a house

DONT LAY AN EGG OVER IT

#371 cags

cags
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:00 PM

I'm sure your mother is very proud.

#372 salathe

salathe
  • Staff Alumni
  • Badger
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:00 PM

Well, I'll keep it brief. Here are the usual details: I'm a 25 year old from Lancashire, England and mainly joined this place to be part of a more mature community (both in terms of the people and the site itself).  Academically, I have an MA in Archaeology from Edinburgh University (usually spend a couple of months every summer out in the field) and maybe some day I'll move over to that side of the fence for my career. As it stands now, I'm a PHP developer (currently unemployed) and am really pushing on with that as it is something that I love (and appear to be competent at).  I'm also a contributor to the PHP documentation (:rtfm:), trying to give something back to a resource that has been really useful to me over the years.  I enjoy reading (historical novels seem to be a current trend) and like to relax in front of a movie, when I'm not lurking in the regex forum.
PHP Documentation Team

#373 nadeemshafi9

nadeemshafi9
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,245 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:09 PM

To both of you i am currently at a 35% knowledge level of REGEX i can use the manuals but im sure i might meet you guys in teh forums soon, nice to see you here, and your contributions are very much appreciated by people like myself.
DONT LAY AN EGG OVER IT

#374 PugJr

PugJr
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 678 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:16 PM

To both of you i am currently at a 35% knowledge level of REGEX i can use the manuals but im sure i might meet you guys in teh forums soon, nice to see you here, and your contributions are very much appreciated by people like myself.

Where is the test to find out what % you are in regex? I wonder what my overall PHP coding skill % is at...

#375 akitchin

akitchin
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:34 PM

Well, I'll keep it brief. Here are the usual details: I'm a 25 year old from Lancashire, England and mainly joined this place to be part of a more mature community (both in terms of the people and the site itself).  Academically, I have an MA in Archaeology from Edinburgh University (usually spend a couple of months every summer out in the field) and maybe some day I'll move over to that side of the fence for my career. As it stands now, I'm a PHP developer (currently unemployed) and am really pushing on with that as it is something that I love (and appear to be competent at).  I'm also a contributor to the PHP documentation (:rtfm:), trying to give something back to a resource that has been really useful to me over the years.  I enjoy reading (historical novels seem to be a current trend) and like to relax in front of a movie, when I'm not lurking in the regex forum.

out of curiosity, which came first: PHP development, or the MA? they seem rather divergent. (i'm not criticizing of course, considering i have a BSc in chemistry...)

#376 MadTechie

MadTechie
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 9,404 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:37 PM

Where is the test to find out what % you are in regex? I wonder what my overall PHP coding skill % is at...

I think his working it out via some statistics,
It's a Fact that 76.298% of statistics are made up on the spot,
Computers are good at following instructions, but not at reading your mind.

The quality of a response, is usually directly related to the quality of the question. ©2009 mjdamato

I dunno about that. A regular expression has a 0% chance of touching my penis.

the code is professionally made up but not working

Remember to Click Solved, how to ask questions - the smart way

#377 cags

cags
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:42 PM

I heard it was 76.299%....

#378 KevinM1

KevinM1
  • Moderators
  • Snarkimus Prime
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:44 PM

My skill in PHP is over 9000....
Using 'global' is a sign of doing it wrong

#379 MadTechie

MadTechie
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 9,404 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:48 PM

I heard it was 76.299%....

I took into account nadeemshafi9 stats, so adjusted the figures to suite  ;)
Computers are good at following instructions, but not at reading your mind.

The quality of a response, is usually directly related to the quality of the question. ©2009 mjdamato

I dunno about that. A regular expression has a 0% chance of touching my penis.

the code is professionally made up but not working

Remember to Click Solved, how to ask questions - the smart way

#380 nadeemshafi9

nadeemshafi9
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,245 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:51 PM

my logic: so you look at a cheetsheet and see how much of it you can use without looking at the cheetsheet (oh hes actually quite smart, there must have been a reason why he was honoured by the university and given a first class degree in network computer science bsc hons)

im one of those people that was in top sets for every subject my entire life, then when i was in year 11 i flunked all the tests smoking pot and kissing girls and fighting bullies, then i stopped smoking, so i got college education, then i smoked, then i stopped then i got a degree, then i smoked, then si stopped i got a job, you see the pattern ?

DONT LAY AN EGG OVER IT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users