• This topic is locked This topic is locked
382 replies to this topic

#41 Procode

Procode
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 01:22 AM

Hey my name is vlad, i am new at this forum. Been coding PHP for a year but haven't really in last 4 months or so, now decided to get back to it and go further and become good :) Hope you guys can help me on this forum :D

#42 cmgmyr

cmgmyr
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 November 2006 - 04:41 PM

Hey Procode! Welcome to the forum!

There are a lot of good people on here and I'm sure we can help you :)

-Chris

#43 steelmanronald06

steelmanronald06
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,004 posts
  • LocationOk

Posted 09 November 2006 - 10:02 PM

Okay! My turn  :o

Full name is Ronald Leon Steelman, Jr. and I am 19 years old. I am 6'2", 140 lbs, dark hair, and color-changing eyes (a defect due to my being color blind, a male only disease!).

I got interested in Web when I was 12.  First thing I taught myself was HTML.  From there I got into JavaScript, (X)HTML, CSS, PHP/MySQL, Java, Visual Basic, and XML.

I am not married, currently I am single, and I am far from having kids, though I wouldn't mind having a boy at some point.  When I am not programming or doing web design, and sometimes when I am, I am listening to my music.  I love my music! I listen to punk rock only!  Good Charlotte is the best band of all time, none beats them in my book, but some others include, but is not limited to:  Simple Plan, The Vincent Black Shadow, Evanescence, Alkaline Trio, Hinder, and many many more!  As you may have guessed from my music, that is pretty much my style. Black is my favorite color, AND NO I AM NO DAMN EMO KID!

When I am not on the computer, my iPOD and I are tearing up the cement on my Element board (one of my pride and joys).  If I don't feel like keeping balance then I throw on the blades. I am pretty fair at both of them, and I enjoy them o-so much!

If I am not doing any of that, I am deeply involved in my Playstation 2 or some computer game!  Final Fantasy is my biggest game, followed closely by Counter Strike (I hated Final Fantasy 10, 10-2, and 9 BTW. WTF was SquareSoft thinking?!?!).

I am a Democrate with strong moderate views.  Some things I am liberal, and others I am conservative.  Don't start debating politics with me, because it is a passion and nothing can move me from my views (WOOO WHOO! Democrates took control of the House and the Senate today! And for the first time, a woman stands third in line from being President!).

Lets see, I don't think I covered television/movies yet. See, I own a video store and so I am a big critic on movies. Television includes: Grey's Anatomy (mainly for her anatomy!), E.R., Angel, Law and Order, Charmed, Fooly Cooly, AquaTeenHungerForce, Family Guy, and a few others.  Movies include: Matrix (all), Hackers, American Pie 1-3, She's The Man, Mission Impossible 1 - 3, Minority Report, FERRIS BULLERS DAY OFF (Buller...Buller....Buller...Buller), The Breakfast Club (don't mess with the bull or you will get the horns), and a lot more.

Favorite foods?  Almost anything. I like chocolate, but I am allergic to it  :'( . Watermellon, strawberries, Steak, Roast, Stew, Shrimp, Crab, Snake, Gator, Caviar, Pork Chop, BACON, and lots of others.

Well, that seems to be all you need to know about me :)  If you want to know more, Google me. I actually show up as a Google result!  ;D

#44 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 12:47 AM

here ron i made this just for you!

Posted Image
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#45 neylitalo

neylitalo
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,854 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 10 November 2006 - 01:12 AM

Zing! ;D
http://nealylitalo.net - My personal website, and home of The Netizen's Journal.

#46 448191

• Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,545 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 10 November 2006 - 06:10 AM

???

#47 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 07:56 AM

okay for those of you who happen to be on the other side of this sarchasm:

the red dots spell out "CV is stupid 2.0"

and yes, ron was in fact able to read them.

although I will admit that in a recent poll, it turns out that 92 out of 100 people could not read it either. 67 of the 92 claimed they did not recognize the fact that they were letters in the first place.  20 of them claimed they recognized some letters but could not make out what it said, perhaps because they just can't read, or can't spell properly, or some other reason altogether; overall it is somewhat ironic that these people are in fact also stupid 2.0.  The remaining 5 of the 92 were in fact color blind, or at least they claimed to be.  Further studies may need to be conducted in order to find out whether they were telling the truth or lying because color-blind is the new "in" thing to be. 

Of the 8 people who were in fact able to make out what it said: At least 5 of them cannot be trusted as validly being able to read it, as they failed to reveal their knowledge on the subject until after i went and spoiled it in the irc chatroom.  Of the other 3, 2 can be 100% confirmed, one of them being myself, of course, as I wrote the damn thing.  As far as the 3rd person goes, there is reason to believe that I may in fact have multiple personality disorder, and so I may have answered twice.  Further investigation is in order on that count, as well.
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#48 Zane

Zane
  • Administrators
  • Advanced Member
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 08:37 AM

Color me stupid 2.0 Crayon, but I fail to see a hint of any letter forming with those dots.

btn_donate_SM.gif Want to thank me? Contribute to my PayPal piggy-bank

172938.png

#49 redbullmarky

redbullmarky
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,863 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire, England

Posted 10 November 2006 - 09:12 AM

took me a while. can see the colours but wasnt aware it was a custom message and even when pointed out took a while to see it lol
"you have to keep pissing in the wind to learn how to keep your shoes dry..."

I say old chap, that is rather amusing!

#50 obsidian

obsidian
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,202 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 10 November 2006 - 01:26 PM

Once the fact that there was a message there was pointed out, I was quickly able to discern the individual letters. Now that I know what I'm looking for, do you have another one? I'd be interested to see if I could decipher one when I know what I'm after.
You can't win, you can't lose, you can't break even... you can't even get out of the game.

<?php
while (count($life->getQuestions()) > 0)
{   $life->study(); } ?>
  LINKS: PHP: Manual MySQL: Manual PostgreSQL: Manual (X)HTML: Validate It! CSS: A List Apart | IE bug fixes | Zen Garden | Validate It! JavaScript: Reference Cards RegEx: Everything RegEx

#51 jcombs_31

jcombs_31
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,066 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 12 November 2006 - 10:23 PM

6'2 140?!?!?!

Damn man, time to eat.

#52 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 13 November 2006 - 01:12 AM

That's what I was thinking.

Info: PHP Manual

#53 steelmanronald06

steelmanronald06
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,004 posts
  • LocationOk

Posted 13 November 2006 - 01:44 AM

I like being that weight :)

#54 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 01:56 AM

dude... that's an unhealthy weight.

#55 redbullmarky

redbullmarky
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,863 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire, England

Posted 13 November 2006 - 09:09 AM

lol i'm 126lb and 5'11 and wouldnt change it for all the big macs in the world
"you have to keep pissing in the wind to learn how to keep your shoes dry..."

I say old chap, that is rather amusing!

#56 steelmanronald06

steelmanronald06
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,004 posts
  • LocationOk

Posted 13 November 2006 - 01:37 PM

that isn't unhealthy. I get regular checkups, and I am at a perfectly normal weight.  It is normal to be that weight when your as tall as me.

My sister is about 5'6 or so, 16 years old, and she weights 107.  When she was 15 she weighed 99.  Small weight runs in our family.

#57 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 02:28 PM

dude... I'm 6'3" and 205 lbs... and I'm not exactly overweight.  I could lose maybe 10 lbs, but ... I just don't get it.  If I lost 65 lbs, I'd be emaciated.

#58 jcombs_31

jcombs_31
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,066 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 13 November 2006 - 03:52 PM

Yep, I"m about the same as you ober, 6'3, range from between 200-210, usually around the middle.  I remember in High School I was only about 175, which was really skinny.  140 is anorexic.

#59 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 04:54 PM

Yeah, I was 180 in high school and that was only the lighter side. 

And technically Ron, you're underweight: http://www.weightwat...lthyweight.aspx

#60 akitchin

akitchin
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 14 November 2006 - 06:17 PM

i'm 5'8" (i know, short) and 170 lbs, and something like 12% body fat.  there is no way you can possibly be at a healthy bodyfat % at 140lbs and 6'2".  and where the BMI tables are concerned (as ober linked you), it's far more difficult to argue the underweight region as healthy than the overweight region.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users