xnowandtheworldx
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 89 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:03 AM

Time for me to tell about myself. :P

I'm current 16 years old, almost 17. I have been studying web design/programming since I was around..11, at the end of 6th grade I dabbled a little into hacking, and ended up getting caught stealing credit card #'s, luckily the guy was nice enough not to press charges against me. Of course, my parents wouldn't let me near a computer for a good year. In 8th grade I started learning more in depth, and wanted to increase my knowledge of web based programming even more, and that's how I got were I am today. I have worked on Elitewars and MMORPG, I have created my own video sharing website, specially for gamers(it really is youtube for gamers...), this is NOT a clone script. I'm currently re-designing that layout. My designing skills..are...horrible I must say though. I must look at something in order to get a good design and tweak it to my liking. I know little flash, i'm intermediate-advanced with PHP(arrays being my weakness getting better though!), I know some javascript, and i'm currently learning AJAX, mySQL i'm very experienced in. My dream is to go to UAT(University of Advancing Technology) in Tempe, Arizona, for game programming. Game programming IS my dream job, ever since I was 13. Well, enough of my rambling, you now know, just a little more about me. :P

#142 Cloudy

Cloudy
  • New Members (no posts)
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:26 PM

Howdy!  This sounds like a good enough place to make an introduction.

26.M.Married (Almost 2 months now!)  I live in a medium sized flat in Michigan.  I've got a meanie of a cuddle bomb Cat.  I've played around with PHP off and on for several years now and am excited to learn more about the language.  I'm big into LOST, portable gaming, and Any and All things Zombie.

#143 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:08 PM

Howdy!  This sounds like a good enough place to make an introduction.

26.M.Married (Almost 2 months now!)  I live in a medium sized flat in Michigan.  I've got a meanie of a cuddle bomb Cat.  I've played around with PHP off and on for several years now and am excited to learn more about the language.  I'm big into LOST, portable gaming, and Any and All things Zombie.

My wife is a huge LOST fan.  I watched the first 2 seasons on DVD right before season 3 came out.  I liked the first season a lot, but I thought it lost (haha pun intended) something going into the 2nd...dunno what though, just thought it wasn't as great.  Started watching the 3rd season and gave up after a couple episodes.  I've seen several newer episodes (including the currently aired ones) from time to time, since my wife watches it, but I just think it's gone to crap now.  I have yet to see any new episode that's made me want to go back and watch all the ones I have missed, or keep watching it, other than when it happens to be on and I happen to be in the room. 

Come to think of it, I don't really follow any series anymore.  Things have just been getting to be more and more crap.  I guess that's a sign of me getting old :o  I did enjoy watching Eli Stone though :) .  Well, I'm happy they picked it up for another season, but I wouldn't die if they hadn't. 

edit:

Oh yeah, I guess I have been watching Battlestar Galactica.  I don't think it's completely the uber awesome people make it out to be, but it's interesting enough to keep watching.  I haven't seen any of the current episodes yet. I netflixed the first season about 2 months ago and I'm about halfway through season 3 now.
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#144 [UW] Jake

[UW] Jake
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:47 AM

Hi, I'm 19 years old and I've been coding PHP for about 5 years now. My primary programming skills have mostly always rested in software languages such as C# .NET, C++, and Java.
Owner, ilyt.org
Lead Programmer, unwritten-lyts.net
www.ilyt.org

#145 awpti

awpti
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 459 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:57 AM

Heyya.

Fun thread.

I'm 28 going on 15. I've been working with PHP since late 1999/very early 2000. I'm also a former Correctional Officer for the State of Arizona (ADOC) and worked at the Florence/Eyman Secure-Max Unit 1 (SMU1) for about 2 years. I currently work for Godaddy.com (excellent company to work for!). Sorry, no details as to my position ;)

I suck at web design, rock at PHP - usually. When I'm not busy playing my Wii/PS3 that is.

I have little professional

I've also been a UNIX Admin (professionally) for about 12 years.

I'm a light Dungeons and Dragons (d20) fan and working on an Online Charactersheet Management Tool as one of my more recent personal projects.

I occasionally restart my accounts in one of the following MMOGs for side amusement for a month here and there:

World of Warcraft
Age of Conan
Anarchy Online
EVE Online

I'm big into community and always looking for a fellow developer to partner up with for some random project.
Server: Apache 2.2.3 - PHP 5.2.17, MySQL 5.0, 5.1, 5.5 and 6.0 - 2x Quad Core Xeon 5620 w/ 16G Mem
GeekLAN - Ignited Jobs - LAMP Tips

10+ Years of hobby PHP Development and Database Design.

#146 corbin

corbin
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 07:33 AM

I just realized, I don't know if I've ever "introduced" my self... (~1500 posts... lol)

I'm Corbin (hard to guess from my forum name, right?).

Hrmmm....  16 right now.  Been into PHP for about 2 years (maybe 3?  I can't remember things that long away lol.)  The reason why I got into PHP is like... wow... retarded... but I can't imagine how different my life would be if I weren't on a computer 4+ hours a day.  (Just for the record, I'm quite normal.  When ever I think teen computer-person [although I usually don't think of people at all as relating from the internet to real life goes]... well... lol)
Anyway, I got into PHP because of GET variables pretty much....  I saw a bunch of sites, and I noticed that one URL (I knew HTML long before PHP, so I knew the basic concepts of websites and what not) could be used to output different content based on little parameters.  I started Googling, and next thing I knew, I was trying to figure out uses for PHP lol.

I dabble in other languages, such as C++ and Java, but I'm quite limited in those (and saying "quite limited" is being nice to my self), mainly because I've never been motivated to pick them up.

I don't watch much TV (probably 30 minutes a day on average.... well recently more, but I've been watching TV with someone, not as my own idea), but when ever people ask me what I'm doing, I'm usually on the computer (which is where I watch TV oddly enough...), but I tell them that I'm watching TV because I don't like explaining things or answering questions lol.

I play Lineage 2 a little bit when I have time, and it doesn't piss me off.  I played Runescape for a couple years (I think I started it in 6th grade and quit it in... hrmmm....  8th?)

One of my biggest pet peeves is people who think the Internet is full of creepy people waiting to abduct and rape children.  Or, the people who think the Internet is just plain evil.

Like the guy a couple posts up, I got in trouble for my 'skills' in grade 6.  My school had a crappy website, and they had pages where teachers could edit little sections....  Who ever coded it wasn't exactly intelligent, and they were doing something like:

<?php
if($_GET['password'] == $_GET['good_password'])
?>

With both values in the form....  I changed a teacher's page to say something or other (wasn't bad if I remember correctly, but that obviously doesn't make it better lol).  (At the time, I didn't know PHP, but I knew enough HTML to see the form and go "surely that isn't the password...." lol)

Anyway, I guess I'll stop writing a book.  If anyone actually reads this entire post, I will be surprised lol.
Why doesn't anyone ever say hi, hey, or whad up world?

#147 0perator

0perator
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:45 AM

Hey I'm the 0perator, i am quite good at php, especially debugging it is my strong point haha.

nice to meet you all.

#148 Boulle

Boulle
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:41 AM

Hello everybody!!

This seems like the place to introduce myself. Well, my name, for starters, is Tom. Nick:Boulle.
Where do i come from? Belgium. (Antwerp).
I am 33 years old, married and i have two kids. *hey, who brought this dinosaurus in??* ;D ;D
Well, i have some sort of degree in the repair of cars. (learned that in school years ago..never did the job).
Currently i'm working for the city of Antwerp.
When it comes to php, i'm as good as an absolute noob. Really. I've been 'active' on the internet for about 5 years now, and most of the time has been spend on gaming. Currently i'm an active BF2 gamer and clanmember. (But this is beside the topic here).

Anyway, why does someone like me register here, you might think??
Over the last year, i have asked myself the question: 'how does this all work?'. Creating webpages, sites, programming, etc.....
I bought myself the php bible plus a book about html coding also. I hope, in combo with the community here, maybe i'll be able to do some coding myself. Again, let me warn you, i'm an absolute noob!! (So get cracking with the jokes..... :P :P)

Oh, just one other thing, before you die of boredom when reading this; I'm starting in september with school again. After work ofcourse. The aime would be to get a bachelor networking and communications techniques. So wish me luck.....

Hopefully i'll fit in with the pro's here, and have a fun time here!!

C y'all later!!

#149 fragman

fragman
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:08 AM

Well i don't see a Intros section here, but I am Fragman.
I started off trying to become a hacker, and learning my way through sql injections and xss, and frequenting my favorite hacker hangout.  Through all of my learnings, I picked up html and later PHP.  From there I found out that there was no point to defacing a site that somone spent their hard earned time on, so I've dropped hacking, and taken up web based coding.  I really like it, and hope to become much better someday, and maybe take up a tech job after highschool..
my website URL is thegateway.ath.cx

-Fragman

#150 nubby

nubby
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 07:38 PM

I'm 16 and live in Southern Oregon. Currently a Junior in high school, but started programming a bit when I was a freshman. First I learned DarkBasic, which is very easy and used to create very simple games and such. Then the other half of my freshman year I took a Visual Basic class which I loved and enjoyed. Sophomore year I took a college class at my school, only 4 kids in it so it was really hands on, and we learned xhtml/css/javascript which I love. I think they are doing away with all the computer classes now and they wont teach what I want to learn so I am teaching myself PHP now. I am planning on going to Oregon State University for a bachelors in Computer Science in a few years, ever since I can remember I wanted to do anything with computers. Not much to say other than I hope to get better at PHP through this community and at one time actually help someone instead of getting helped myself.  :D

#151 edjon2000

edjon2000
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationHuddersfield West Yorkshire UK

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:58 PM

Hi all, nice to meet you :)

My name is Jon I am 49 and live in Huddersfield West Yorkshire over in the UK I have been playing with PHP MySQL and HTML for around 5 years sadly my web design skills leave something to be desired so I tend to make use of free website templates and design around them no doubt I will have plenty of dumb questions for this community, I am trying to get an understanding of XML for use on my website I have also moved toward W3C compliance which is surprisingly difficult to do well, anyway, I'll stop now before I bore you all to tears ;)

Jon

#152 QueenZ

QueenZ
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, California

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:50 PM

I'm almost 18 (1 month to go). I'm a high school student, i learn programming at school. I do like playing basketball and i also like riding a quad bike.

#153 waynewex

waynewex
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Wexford
  • 2,407 posts
  • LocationWexford Ireland

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:41 AM

Sure what the hell.

I'm Wayne, 21 years of age and from Wexford Town in Ireland. Currently I am in college, working towards a degree in Applications Development. Two years ago, I had little or no knowledge of computers whatsoever and ended up picking my course by accident. Funny mistake but now I'm glad I made it. My course teaches us Java, which I'm pretty good at for my level. I started using PHP & MySQL about four or five months ago and love it. I've also done some C++ and VB but nothing to ring home about.

On a more personal note; I have a girlfriend who I've been with since I was 14. I have a couple of websites up, trying to make a buck here and there from adsense... but nothing great as anyone who has ever dealt with adsense will know. I finished work experience not so long ago. Was a PHP/MySQL developer trainee that was... um trained by Google (and PHPFREAKS) instead of my seniors. Currently I'm trying to make some money out of web design and trying my hand as Google optimisation for my websites. I'm also working on a big project for myself that I hope to launch in the next two months. I'm hoping this project will earn me enough to get me through college.

I love all kinds of music. Used to be heavily into rap but got bored with the repeat material that most rappers offer. Spent most of my teenage years doing stock-the-shelves work and was a furniture delivery man for a year. Was also a waiter but didn't do too well at that. Worked in Gamestop too.

I'm a bit of a troll sometimes, which is just boredom on my part (Sorry to all). I perpetuate the Irish stereotype by getting myself piss-ass drunk every Saturday night and telling anyone I meet the latest insulting/insensitive joke I've heard. Yes. I often cringe when I wake up on a Sunday; but I know that I'll do the exact same thing the next week.

Used to be into remixing rap songs during my "rap phase." Used to mix the vocals of one song with the instrumental of another. Pretty difficult task as you'd know if you tried it yourself. Used to sell those remixes for €7 a pop and never once had a dissatisfied customer. I ended up stopping my bootlegging career when I just lost the love for it.

I love helping others here on PHPFreaks; and I'm glad and greatful when somebody else can help me.

I think that's all. Oh, and my bank account details and pin number is 984938LOL98983498934-3443-3434 837263

#154 ionik

ionik
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 187 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:38 AM

Hello Im Nick,

Im 20 years old with 3 step kids (20,13,and 11) and one of my own on the way due in May!! been married now for about a year and recently got out of the military. I know work as a Senior PHP developer and get to work on various types of ecommerce websites, mentoring and teaching college grads ( most of which are older than I am ). I am a completely self-taught developer and when I'm not working I'm doing freelance work and developing and planning the release of a CMS that I have built over the past year named cSystem.

Live development can be seen at http://teamicenine.com

I am a hard-core OOP programmer ( although at work we are still using PHP 4) and specialize in the security.
- Linux - Ubuntu, RedHat
- PHP - Unus, Zend
- Python - Django
- The best programs are built by idiots that no one can understand

#155 kzel

kzel
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:28 PM

hi everyone im krizelle or kzel im 16 and i am a college student from philippines im taking the course information technology and i really have difficulties about my subject database and java(computer programming) im really glad to find this site i think this site will help me with my problems at school
so yeah,i hope to meet nice people who can help me more and more thanks.

i really have bad english :-\

#156 corbin

corbin
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:01 AM

Your English is better than about half the people here.
Why doesn't anyone ever say hi, hey, or whad up world?

#157 bison

bison
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:12 PM

I'm a 22 year old college student (graduating this semester whoohoo!), who is trying to find a job.  I've been on my intern for about 6 months doing web design and I've fallen in love with PHP. 

#158 Maq

Maq
  • Administrators
  • Advanced Member
  • 9,410 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, USA

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:40 PM

That's sad...
tjmothy
ini_set ("display_errors", "1");
error_reporting(E_ALL);

#159 obsidian

obsidian
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,202 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:43 PM

That's sad...

But true :(
You can't win, you can't lose, you can't break even... you can't even get out of the game.

<?php
while (count($life->getQuestions()) > 0)
{   $life->study(); } ?>
  LINKS: PHP: Manual MySQL: Manual PostgreSQL: Manual (X)HTML: Validate It! CSS: A List Apart | IE bug fixes | Zen Garden | Validate It! JavaScript: Reference Cards RegEx: Everything RegEx

#160 nadeemshafi9

nadeemshafi9
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,245 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 September 2008 - 12:06 PM

Im 23 born and bred in Buckinghamshire England im of Pakistani decent, i spent 2 years in college studying Digital Media BTech cos i dropped out of IT, if i dint do that i wouldn't be a web developer, i then went on to go and study Network and Computing Sciences BSc Hons and got a First Class, i have been working for just over a year and am looking to use more technologies and get them under my belt in a working environment i find this to be the hard part in my career in web development and network management. Other than that im a keen Xbox 360er.
DONT LAY AN EGG OVER IT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users