Is Zend google freindly?

Bman900

I ask this because my site runs on 3 languages and the main content is loaded from the database in a language depending on what cookie is set. Now I have also made it so that language can be set in the url such as site.com/lang/en The only concern I have is how will google know to crawl my site in all 3 languages?

• 3 weeks later...

If you have links that navigate your entire site and sitemaps that are up to date Google will crawl your pages... Your language of preference has nothing to do with your page index. The google bot is also just a client that receive your page content on the client side. It doesn't care what happens server-side, because it can never get there to look at your source code.

So the fact is, just get proper SEO techniques and continue to use Zend as much as your heart desires. The only thing you should watch out for is URLs. Google prefers keywords in your URL. To demonstrate, a URL like this: example.com/coffee/cappuccino is better than a URL like: example.com/coffee.php?id=9187.

From your post it looks like your URLs are already search engine friendly, so you have nothing to worry about.  :)

Hope this helps

Enjoy your day  :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.