Header critique

KevinM1

Its not too bad.
Personally - I dont see the N as in the flag jump out at me.

Will you be using a fixed width website?

The banner does setup a dark site which Im not really into - but its what you think that counts.
Also the hockey player is a little too red IMO. I would like to see "REAL" colours - real blues, greens, and reds as is on their jerseys.

-steve

[quote author=448191 link=topic=112573.msg457488#msg457488 date=1161796208]
I turned into stone. Just reverted, to write this reply.

"Newport Nightslayers"??? C'mon. You can do better than that. "there will be no slaying of night, young man."...

Barf.
[/quote]

Haha, yeah, it's pretty bad.  I might change it, but since I suck at creating logos, I'm not sure if I can come up with a better looking option.

To the poster above you: I hear you on the player, but since he's an Edmonton Oiler -- a team whose colors don't match the fantasy team's -- I tried blending him into the color scheme.  I should scan the roster and see if there are any NJ Devils on the team to replace him with.

EDIT: Yes, my plan is for a fixed-width site.  It seems that most of the NHL sites have a fixed width, so I decided to go that route.

Well, I've decided to change the name of the team for a couple of reasons:

1. Newport Nightslayers does indeed suck

2. I don't live in Newport (the guy I was running the team with does)

So, I've decided on the Barrington Icehawks.  I've picked out the colors, but I'm having a hard time creating the logo.  I have an idea of it in my head, but my artistic 'skills' should probably be considered an affront to the laws of nature.  I want a pissed off, sylized (think something like Jim Lee would make) looking golden/yellow (something along the lines of #E0ED27) hawk head in the center of my design.  I have the lettering (yes, I like the Backslash font) and the field where the logo proper should be, but I just don't have the talent to create the hawk head.  Here's what I have so far:

[img]http://www.nightslyr.com/hockey/hockeyheader3.gif[/img]

It looks a lot more pixelated in person than in Photoshop...any ideas why?  In any event, I suppose I could lift an image from someplace online and change the colors, but I really don't want to if I can avoid it.  So, does anyone mind helping me out with the logo?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.