Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

filmo

wierdness with NuSOAP when acting as a SOAP server

So I'm setting up a web service using NuSOAP to perform a task and return a result. The problem I'm having is that if the elment of the array being returned is a path with "/" in it, the returned result is NULL;

In the listing below, the soap client calling the service listed below with via:
$result = $SOAP_client->call('move_file',$SOAP_params);

Ends up with $result = NULL;

Listing for SOAP server:
[code=php:0]
$server = new soap_server;
$server->register('move_file');

function move_file($from_file, $to_file) {
  blah blah blah

$result_ary['path/to/file/here/file.ext'] = array ('result'=>'pass','desc'=>'blah blah');
  return $result_ary;
}
remaining code here <snip>
[/code]

if I change the SOAP server so that the first element of the array is something like:

$result_ary['notApath'] = array ('result'=>'pass','desc'=>'blah blah');

Then I get a result from the soap client as expected ($result contains the array of info).

Is there some reason I can't pass "/"s as part of an array element when using NuSOAP. We used to have this same webservice running as a Perl SOAP::Lite service, (which was able to pass file_paths just fine to the PHP soap client), so I don't think it's something to do with the SOAP specification????

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.