Need your opinion on our new design

Pavel Burminsky

Hello, everyone!

We have finished redesign of our corporate site pdgroup.co and now it is very important to us to know your opinion. What do you like, and what not? On the front page there is a picture of one of our office rooms and in the center of it we placed a red button. If you push it - the room changes a little (mirror ball, jacuzzi and picture appear). What do you think of that? It looks funny, but we don't want potential clients to think that we have fun instead of working there. Should we keep it, or better remove? And also there is a problem that visitors just don't understand that the red button works. Do you have any advices on how to make it more obvious for them? And what do you think of the whole design of our site?

Thanks for your help in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I also do not think that the button will get noticed.  While you have spent a long time looking at the picture and it seems obvious, the rest of the world is more likely to just glance at the picture.  It doesn't tell people any information that is relevant to what they are looking for.

If the picture represents your team, why not make each person clickable and bring up a short profile on them.  If you want to keep it fun then add in hobbies or nicknames or something to the profile.  Use ajax to create a hover box so that users don't have to leave the page to get the information. Then explicitly write below or above the picture "Hover to learn more about us" or something.

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice! Good use of space and breaking things up into section. Very clean and clear and its really straight forward which is great for what your selling. Tagline is great for SEO. I like the red button - its kind of an Easter egg on the site. If I had to choose something I didnt like, it would be the text shadowing in the footer. But that would be very pernickety of me!

Greetings Pavel,

The site makes a great first impression and looks very professional.  I have just three comments on relatively small things.

1. The main slider ("Design," "Web Development," "Mobile Solutions," "Software Development") could use just a bit more styling.  The text is too small and sort of "blocky," and you almost don't notice the transitions.

2. The three lower sliders ("Our Projects," "Our Clients," "What they Say") seem just a bit crowded together.

3. On the "Contact Us" page, the "I am interested in" field has some extra space (it's slightly too large for the text).

By the way, what system did you use to build this?  I'm very curious lately to learn what people are using (see my post here: http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?topic=349861.0).

Thanks for sharing,

Matthew

Greetings,

I think the red button is a good idea.  I don't think it will make clients think you have fun instead of working.  Anyway, if the client looks at most really good designers' Web sites, there's almost always an attitude about having fun while working.  So I say it's good.

As far as people not finding the red button: I agree most people would not know to press it.  But that's fine.  It's not crucial to the point of your site, so I say let people hunt a bit!  If they don't find it, no harm done.

Just my opinion.

Thanks,

Matthew

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.