Real Estate Website

inkansun

How are you "different than the rest? Expound on that.

The text on the red ribbon that lays over top the properties and says "For Sale" - the words need to be centered better so they don't brush up against the edge.

I think the logo and name of the realtor gets completely lost where it is - layered on top of the images in your header. I couldn't tell what the name of the realtor was at all, had to look for it. I'd pue the logo and name where you have the phone #, put the phone # where you have your tagline, and either lose the tagline or put it elsewhere on the header.

A search box is very important on any realty site. You don't have one anywhere on your home page or on your header. I'd suggest a search option prominent on the header and consistent throughout the site.

Put a home link on your header, in addition to the HOME option on your menu. Many times I instinctively wanted to click where the phone # is to get home. (Another reason the logo should be up there.)

How do I get to your listings? Do you have listings? I guess I have to click the images in your scroller on the home page. That's very hard to understand. Also, when I'm off the home page I don't know how to get to listings. "Search foreclosures" doesn't mean anything to me. Is that your listings?

I like the colors and the look and feel. I see it's a WP theme. FYI - there are better WP themes for real estate out there that come with very robust search features, listings features.

In today's environment you must have Facebook and Twitter share buttons on every listing. I understand you're using a third-party provider for the listings, but there may be better options out there.

I hope you take this critique to heart, not meant to be disparaging. Good luck!

twebman84, thank you for your honest feedback. I have implemented some of the suggestions that you made. I really appreciate the time you took to critique my website. I hope to launch it as soon as we fix the contact page; it's not currently working. Please take another look and let me know how it looks. Thanks again!  8)

I have to put "stay hungry, stay foolish" and attribute it to Steve Jobs. It's a quote from his speech that he made at Standford.  The reason that I put it up is because I am a small independent broker competing in a sea of large firms such as Century 21 and Re/Max.

I have to put "stay hungry, stay foolish" and attribute it to Steve Jobs. It's a quote from his speech that he made at Standford.  The reason that I put it up is because I am a small independent broker competing in a sea of large firms such as Century 21 and Re/Max.

You may want to explain that to your potential customers in your about us section. They may be spending or getting ready to spend $50-500k with you. But with that said, you site looks very good to me.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.