tabbit.org ---- tabbed pastebin

#2 steelmanronald06

steelmanronald06
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,004 posts
  • LocationOk

Posted 15 September 2005 - 02:21 AM

PostgreSQL is a database, just like MySQL or any of the others. It has a few features that MySQL dosn't, and is missing a few that MySQL does. It depends on the user and what he/she wishes to learn. All databases are easy to learn, you merely have to decide which you like best. Really just user preference.

YAY! I am the second poster here!

#3 micah1701

micah1701
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 613 posts
  • LocationEllington, CT USA

Posted 15 September 2005 - 02:24 AM

from www.postgresql.org

PostgreSQL, the highly scalable, SQL compliant, open source object-relational database management system

"Confidence in the face of risk."

#4 samuraisam

samuraisam
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMontucky

Posted 21 September 2005 - 01:47 AM

PostgreSQL is full Open Source and does not sell a 'commercial' or 'enterprise' version of their software. It is also very fast with large databases (comparitive to oracle), re: highly scalable.

-Sam
Quality forums for your viewing and posting pleasure! Incomprehensible topics discussed among a close nit community of friends! SamuraiBlog.com! Where internet meets ronin!
SamuraiBlog.com :: SamuraiBlog.com Forums

#5 Vorlin

Vorlin
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 09:21 PM

Yeah, much like the previous posters, it's a scalable open-source database just like MySQL. I've used it now for the past three years on my linux server and have used it at work when writing database-backed web page programs.

I run PHPBB2 and it's been one of the only ones that's actively supported PostgreSQL. There's minor differences between it and MySQL but it really comes down to personal preference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users