Go me

play_

PostgreSQL is a database, just like MySQL or any of the others. It has a few features that MySQL dosn't, and is missing a few that MySQL does. It depends on the user and what he/she wishes to learn. All databases are easy to learn, you merely have to decide which you like best. Really just user preference.

YAY! I am the second poster here!

• 3 months later...

Yeah, much like the previous posters, it's a scalable open-source database just like MySQL. I've used it now for the past three years on my linux server and have used it at work when writing database-backed web page programs.

I run PHPBB2 and it's been one of the only ones that's actively supported PostgreSQL. There's minor differences between it and MySQL but it really comes down to personal preference.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.