Fast Casual restaurant website

twebman84

Very nice.

1 - However The nav bar at the top is a little annoying. Looks fancy for the first time round but looks like doggy xmas tree lights after with it highlighting the last hover even when not on it (i had a go with a program called smartdraw which did the same, but just pissed me off), and that jump back thing.. hmm i dunno (but then it is just style which is opinion).

2 - Also, 2 scrolling images can be a little off putting i find. Where do i look, the top or bottom. The client needs to feel in complete control on the site, multiple auto-scrolling jquery gizmos defeats that.

Other than its pretty good in my opinion.

freelance84,

thanks for your candid appraisal. the client wants the two scrollers on the home page. i agree, one is probably enough.

i will look a the topnav, i know it highlights everything regardless of the page. i was lazy and didn't change that in the CSS. good point, though.

Initial thoughts:

Main navigation text and "Fresh from the Oven"/"Connect with us" text is blurry. 

The bulleted list needs more contrast, as its green-blue colors blends with the blue of the background.

Kinda disappointing that you don't use a fluid layout.

Why does the shop page/site look so different?  I wouldn't launch what you have until the shop site fits in with the rest of the redesign.

Other than that, nice job.  Do you have a mobile-friendly site?  Nothing would rock more than being able to order a pie from your phone.  Perfect for that last minute, "I'm stuck in line for X-mas shopping and just had a flash of inspiration" gift idea.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.