Leaving PHPFreaks

After being treated, what I believe to be, unfairly and rudely by a "guru" on this site and treated with disrespect by a "moderator" where they made me feel like I was stupid because they couldn't read what I was putting, I have decided to leave PHPFreaks. After 2 years of support and came a long way I am very disappointed in this result. Feel free to ban or delete my account cos i really don't care anymore.

Judging from your posts, the same guru that you say "made you feel stupid" has also helped you in several occasions. If you can't take a little criticism then that's on you, we are not here to provide all the answers per say, most of us are here to guide you in the right direction.

Since we've started a pity party, I'd like to clarify that Xyph didn't send you a warning for private messaging him, I did.  What with it being against the rules and everything.  Not knowing means you didn't read the rules, so your cunning argument of "other people broke the rules first" didn't sway me.

Just clearing things up for the people-who-are-not-RaythMistwalker who come back to this thread to read about the ragequit.

I assume this is in regards to your Almost there... thread.

From that thread, this is what I see:

You made a post asking for help (but did a poor job asking the question, see my response in your thread).  We have forum stickies for a reason.  Contrary to the belief of some people, they are not there so that we can be assholes on power trips.  They are there because we know from a lot of experience trying to help people that we need certain info in order to help with a problem, and that usually when a person asks for help, they rarely know how to even ask for that help. 

You PMed Xyph asking for help, which is against the rules.  You defended your PM to Xyph by saying it is frustrating when nobody bothers to reply when you've had this problem for a week+ straight.  First off, less than 24 hours passed between your OP and Xyph's response, so you PMed him sometime in between.  Whether or not you've had this problem for a week+ we don't know; as far as we're concerned, your problem started when you made the thread, so you waited less than 24 hours before you PMed Xyph, not a week+ (not that it would make it any more okay to PM someone even if it were a week+). 

Whether or not you choose to read the rules is on you, but they are enforced just the same, and not knowing them is not an excuse.  We have them clearly posted and even have explicitly added a notice and link in red, right above every Post/Preview button on the board. 

You also responded by asking a basic question that could have easily been googled.  Yes, you have a "right" to ask questions (insofar as that our terms give you this right...this is a privately owned site), but if you're relying on a free service to ask questions, it is common knowledge that free services do not cater to questions that can easily be found on your own.  Relevant results appear on the first page of google even with just the term "quantifier", not even throwing in other keywords like "regex" "php" "programming" etc...

...and should you decide that we're a bunch of elitists for having this mentality, I invite you to spend a week+ in our shoes before making that judgment.  Offer your own expertise(s) for free and see how long it takes you to start trying to filter out stuff.  Use some common sense.  It's like finding a magic lamp and then wishing for something stupid and common and easily obtainable that you totally didn't need to burn a wish for.  But even still, we're not the internets' personal genie at beck and call, required to grant whatever comes out of peoples' mouth fappings.

In summary, I see that you didn't bother to read the rules and consequently broke them, and didn't bother to read stickies and consequently asked your question poorly.  And then you get all pissy because nobody bothered to respond, and when they did, they called you out on it.  So after 2 years of expecting us to cater to your lazy rude ass, you have decided that we fail and are moving on.  Well I'm *so* sorry to disappoint.  You walked into our house and didn't bother to take your muddy shoes off, plopped yourself down on our couch and propped your feet up on our coffee table and started yelling at us to make you a sammich....fuck off.

After being treated, what I believe to be, unfairly and rudely by a "guru" on this site and treated with disrespect by a "moderator" where they made me feel like I was stupid because they couldn't read what I was putting, I have decided to leave PHPFreaks. After 2 years of support and came a long way I am very disappointed in this result. Feel free to ban or delete my account cos i really don't care anymore.

You mean to tell me, that after two years of getting FREE HELP from the members of this site, you are now planning to NO LONGER COME HERE TO GET FREE HELP???!!!!!???? 

This is an outrage!  OUTRAGE I tell you! Heads will roll, I promise you, if there is one thing I will do, it is get to the bottom of this and insure that this never ever happens to anyone again, where they come here and get free help, and people answering their questions and mentoring them, and making them a better php programmer.  NEVER AGAIN NEVER AGAIN!  Now I suggest that the first course of action be, that you cut off your nose to spite your face!  If something offends thee then cut it off.  Your eyes read words that were mean and upsetting -- I suggest that you follow the example of Oedipus and pluck them out so that you need no longer see.  This may seem extreme, but it's necessary if you want to insure that you will never read words from people that hurt your feelings. 

• 2 weeks later...

RaythMistwalker, seriously, we don't care ?!!  ::)  PHPFreaks have helped me in most of my websites I've created.  ;D  Its a coding forum not a get free coding forums. :wtf:  If you want pure help, pay other people to do it for you. Like seriously!  :hail_freaks:

Didn't know emotions/smileys were fun to play with xD  8)

You mean to tell me, that after two years of getting FREE HELP from the members of this site, you are now planning to NO LONGER COME HERE TO GET FREE HELP???!!!!!???? 

This is an outrage!  OUTRAGE I tell you! Heads will roll, I promise you, if there is one thing I will do, it is get to the bottom of this and insure that this never ever happens to anyone again, where they come here and get free help, and people answering their questions and mentoring them, and making them a better php programmer.  NEVER AGAIN NEVER AGAIN!  Now I suggest that the first course of action be, that you cut off your nose to spite your face!  If something offends thee then cut it off.  Your eyes read words that were mean and upsetting -- I suggest that you follow the example of Oedipus and pluck them out so that you need no longer see.  This may seem extreme, but it's necessary if you want to insure that you will never read words from people that hurt your feelings.

this post is too funny.  thanks for the laugh.

Wow, I feel your ping flood from your windows box. Make it stop!!!!!  hehehe...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.