freelancer insurance

Ninjakreborn

I have been on medicaid for a little while, but the time has come I am reporting an income change, I have the paper on the way.  I also need to get more insurance now than they cover.  I just need advice on what to get.  I owe 24,000 dollar's in medical bill's, or will soon.  I was wondering about insurance, what would be a good overall dental insurance.  I was wanting something that cover's everything at first
Life insurance, dental insurance, health insurance, and if you had a house, then house insurance.  Like a freelancer insurance package or something.
I heard that dental insurance can sometime's cut the cost down by nearly 50% which is what I needed.
Does anyone know of a good insurance company overall for freelancer's, or a freelance insurance.
I was hoping to find one really good company later that did ALL insurance, for all 3 family members, me(my wife, and daughter), but something specifically for self-employed worker's or freelancers.

Any advice?

Typically, if you pick up dental insurance now, they'll only cover upcoming visits. It won't cut down on the bills you've already accrued. Also, there is a marked difference between personal insurance and property insurance. I highly doubt you're going to find a package that offers medical, dental [b]and[/b] housing/property insurance. One other thing to consider is your location. I'm assuming based on the fact you cited medicaid you are in the US. Where, though? What region? There are several national insurance companies, but you may well find a much better deal from a local place. Check out the coverage from [i]Blue Cross/Blue Shield[/i]. They are a little pricey sometimes, but their coverage is excellent.

Another idea, and this is what I've found to be the best with a family (at least for me) is to try and find a company to do a long term contract with that will allow you to opt in to their family insurance package. Typically, it is a [b]lot[/b] cheaper than trying to get it yourself, and it often has better coverage.

umm..what state do you live in? well you don't really have to answer that. I just thought that medicaid only covered children and (pregnant) women?

And anyways, I hate to say it, but someone needs to (your mom or your dad, your wife, etc.. would be better), but you just posted earlier today in another thread about buying hundreds of dollars in video games last week, and how nothing stands between you and your video games.  Maybe if you re-organized your priorities, you'd be able to figure something out.

[quote]Typically, if you pick up dental insurance now, they'll only cover upcoming visits. It won't cut down on the bills you've already accrued. Also, there is a marked difference between personal insurance and property insurance. I highly doubt you're going to find a package that offers medical, dental and housing/property insurance. One other thing to consider is your location. I'm assuming based on the fact you cited medicaid you are in the US. Where, though? What region? There are several national insurance companies, but you may well find a much better deal from a local place. Check out the coverage from Blue Cross/Blue Shield. They are a little pricey sometimes, but their coverage is excellent.

Another idea, and this is what I've found to be the best with a family (at least for me) is to try and find a company to do a long term contract with that will allow you to opt in to their family insurance package. Typically, it is a lot cheaper than trying to get it yourself, and it often has better coverage.[/quote]
I live in smyrna Georgia.  I will listen to your advice, some of those sound like it would be a good thought, especially your second paragraph.  I will keep both of those in mind.

[quote]umm..what state do you live in? well you don't really have to answer that. I just thought that medicaid only covered children and (pregnant) women?

And anyways, I hate to say it, but someone needs to (your mom or your dad, your wife, etc.. would be better), but you just posted earlier today in another thread about buying hundreds of dollars in video games last week, and how nothing stands between you and your video games.  Maybe if you re-organized your priorities, you'd be able to figure something out.[/quote]
I live in georgia, yes they cover males, I don't know under what circumstances, but they are doing it with us however for some reason.  Thank you also for the advice on prioritization, I will keep that in mind for the future.

yeah i forgot to mention that, but obsidian mentioned it.  I'd like to re-iterate it though: You will be VERY hard pressed to find an insurance company that will cover pre-existing conditions, and they certainly will NOT pay for any portion of pre-existing bills, even if they WILL cover the pre-existing condition from then on (which they probably won't).  So whatever you've racked up in bills so far, that's completely up to you to resolve.

You could possibly file bankruptcy. Chapter 11 or 7. But those laws are changing to make it harder to file bankruptcy.  And laws vary from state to state.  If you are looking to lessen/remove debt, look into that, instead of insurance. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.