require()

richiejones24

Is there a better way to define the page name other than 

require("./anyfolder/any.php"); 

trouble is i define the page by using ./myfole/anyfile.php but if  the page is called from deeper inside my site it dose not work. i have to change all the includes and put an additional . so it ends up looking like this ../myfole/anyfile.php

$_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] will give you the absolute file system path to your document root folder (kind of why they named it what they did.) You can then append (concatenate) your path/filename.ext on to that to produce an absolute file system path that will work regardless of which file actually includes your file.

If that doesn't accomplish what you want, you can use the include_path setting to get php to search for your include files in specific folders.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.