sql 2000 installtion problem code 1060

2006elad

I have a problem I hours trying to solve it and fail

I try to install sql 2000 on win xp pro sp3 and each time he makes the configure the server

He gets error please refer to sqlstp.log

I deleted a year trying to fix all the registy relating to sql also deleted the associated files from program files

Even formatted my computer and tried to keep the D drive and nothing

Stages of the installation I'm doing next to everything and when I reached a stage of the domin user I click on the first (local)

And then I'm doing next year than the first two (mixed password) and writes the password and user defult he gives me sa I click next and then it loads the installer and then it reaches the stage of the configure is stuck and writes the error is the end of the sqlstp.log:

23:20:30 C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft SQL Server \ 80 \ Tools \ Binn \ cnfgsvr.exe-F "C: \ WINDOWS \ sqlstp.log"-I MSSQLSERVER-V 1-M 0-Q "Hebrew_CI_AS" -H 262 332-U sa-P

23:20:30 Process Exit Code: (193)

23:20:52 Setup failed to configure the server. Refer to the server error logs and C: \ WINDOWS \ sqlstp.log for more information.

23:20:52 Action CleanUpInstall:

23:20:52 C: \ WINDOWS \ TEMP \ SqlSetup \ Bin \ scm.exe-Silent 1-Action 4-Service SQLSERVERAGENT

23:20:52 Process Exit Code: (1060) specified service does not exist as an installed service.

23:20:52 C: \ WINDOWS \ TEMP \ SqlSetup \ Bin \ scm.exe-Silent 1-Action 4-Service MSSQLSERVER

23:20:53 Process Exit Code: (0)

23:20:53 StatsGenerate returned: 2

23:20:53 StatsGenerate (0x0, 0x1, 0xf000000, 0x300, 1033,303,0 x0, 0x1, 0,0,0

23:20:53 StatsGenerate -1, MARK)

23:20:53 Installation Failed.

From what I see this error in 1060 I went online for information about him but I did not know what information is relevant to the problem

If anyone can help me I've been a few days trying to solve the problem

Thank helpers :confused:

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.