Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jwwceo

Header error.. redirect

Hello,

I have a function to delete a record from a databse. Once it's done I need to redorect to the main index page of my admin system, because the deleted record is no longer there to look at.

I'm using this:

header("Location: /index.php");

The delete works but I get his error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jwwceo/www.vectortees.com/admin/inc/header.php:24) in /home/jwwceo/www.vectortees.com/admin/orderpage.php on line 47

I've read about not having any html output before the header command, but I'm not exactly sure what this means. I've used this command a ton of time sbefore and it always works.

any tips?  Thanks in advance.

You have to put the [b]header("Location: /index.php");[/b] before there's any actual text generated. It's best to put it before everything else.

Joe

I don' think there is any text generated before this.... here is my code...for the top part of that page...

[code]<?php

include 'inc/header.php';

if (isset($_POST['deletetext'])) {

$deletetext =($_POST['deletetext']);

if ($deletetext == 'yes'){

$updatestatus = "DELETE FROM orders WHERE ordernum ='$ordernum'";
mysql_query($updatestatus) or die("Error: ". mysql_error(). " with query ". $updatestatus);

header("Location: /index.php");}[/code]

There is output in header.php around line 24

Post lines 20 - 28 here from header.php

I guess header.php outputs HTML which shows your header graphic and stuff. This is the culprit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.