2 replies to this topic

#1 Jak

Jak
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:40 PM

Hi,
I’m trying to run php via the command line but for some reason I’m getting errors about extensions that it cant find. If I go to the command line and type:

php

I get a windows style alert box with:

This application has failed to start because php_mbstring.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

And then in the command line window this error appears:

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:\php\ext\php_exif.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

That is the correct path to the extension and both extensions are there.

The weirdest thing about all of this is that when I run a php script through apache there are no errors. And if I do phpinfo() both of those two extensions are in the list and working perfectly.

Any ideas?
Thanks,

Jack

Jack

#2 wildteen88

wildteen88
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 10,482 posts
  • LocationUK, Bournemouth

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:19 PM

If you are enabling the exif extension then make sure you have enabled the mbstring extension (php_mbstring.dll) before you enable the exif extension

So  make sure extension=php_mbstring.dll is before extension=php_exif.dll in the php.ini and that the mbstring extension is enable too as exif requires this extension in order to function.

Quoted from php.net:

Windows users must enable both the php_mbstring.dll  and php_exif.dll DLL's in php.ini. The php_mbstring.dll DLL must be loaded before the php_exif.dll DLL so adjust your php.ini accordingly.

#3 Jak

Jak
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:33 PM

That was exactly it. Thanks! :)
Jack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users