php.exe (CLI) extension problem

Jak

Hi,
I’m trying to run php via the command line but for some reason I’m getting errors about extensions that it cant find. If I go to the command line and type:

[code]php[/code]

I get a windows style alert box with:

[quote]This application has failed to start because php_mbstring.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.[/quote]

And then in the command line window this error appears:

[code]PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:\php\ext\php_exif.dll' - The specified module could not be found.[/code]

That is the correct path to the extension and both extensions are there.

The weirdest thing about all of this is that when I run a php script through apache there are no errors. And if I do phpinfo() both of those two extensions are in the list and working perfectly.

Any ideas?
Thanks,

Jack

If you are enabling the exif extension then make sure you have enabled the mbstring extension (php_mbstring.dll) before you enable the exif extension

So  make sure [b]extension=php_mbstring.dll[/b] is before [b]extension=php_exif.dll[/b] in the php.ini and that the mbstring extension is enable too as exif requires this extension in order to function.

Quoted from php.net:
[quote]Windows users must enable both the php_mbstring.dll  and php_exif.dll DLL's in php.ini. The php_mbstring.dll DLL must be loaded before the php_exif.dll DLL so adjust your php.ini accordingly.[/quote]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.