Serious thread

Spring

Thanks guys. Seriously. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind whatsoever that I would have quit attempting to learn PHP without this forum. I don't consider myself as the 'type' of person suited to being a programmer at all. I just really do have difficulties picking up on things. Things that some people can see once and understand, may take me three or four times to grasp. Dunno, I may just be stupid lol. Anyway, I want to give thanks to everyone who has been patient with me and has helped me through my problems. I have had very little trouble with anyone here! Even though, sometimes, the sarcasm does get a bit annoying.

The two who I remember most clearly and who deserve a special thanks:

PFMaBiSmAd

and

Thorpe

and thanks to everyone else who has helped! Sorry for forgetting you!

Thanks man, if it helps any, when I started my new job about 9-10 months ago I felt like an absolute dumb-ass. Some of the guys I work with are the brightest people I have ever had the pleasure of being around.

Still today, 10 months or so later, I am still learning something new everyday. We got a new guy about a month ago though, so I don't feel so much like the newbie myself. Still though, after 8+ years of developing you would think I'd be all over it. It just depends who your working with I guess.

Iv'e done that before. Not so much because I felt like a dumb-ass, but because the company's framework was a load of crap.

My current place, we have over 300,000 (spread over about 12 applications) lines of code and it's still very easy to work with. Quite amazing really.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.