My ECommerce Website, Please Critique

rksprst

So this is an ecommerce site: http://www.shopvilleonline.com/

I'm aware that it does not validate correctly - and am wondering if this is really a big deal? Will I get hurt with search engines?

What do you guys think about the color of the site? Should it be changed, and if so - to what color/colors?

Any comments are great, be harsh if you want... I can take it.

Also, I know ALOT of product images are unavailable, which is something I'm working on fixing and posted a thread here for help.

[quote author=Nightslyr link=topic=112833.msg458180#msg458180 date=1161887985]
Access denied.
[/quote]
Huh? You couldn't access the site?
That's weird, I can access it fine... there should be no problems at all. Server is up, dunno why you cant access.

Now it's working.

I like it.  A simple, clean look that makes it easy for a user to navigate the site.  I think you might want to put a border around the shopping basket in the header.  Right now I think it blends in a bit too much.  You also might want to have fewer rows of the latest products.  I'd limit it to only three or four rows.  I also suggest making each navigation button at the top a link, rather than just their individual text.  If the average user is like my mother, they won't immediately figure out that only the text is the link.

Otherwise, good job! :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.