Sanitizing, how's the best way of doing it?

Matt Ridge

There is a standard... people here just don't see it as that.

You mean people don't see it your way.

I've been following this post since it's inception, and they have given you thorough answers several times. Admit that you're the one not understanding and we can move on..

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a standard... people here just don't see it as that.

You mean people don't see it your way.

I've been following this post since it's inception, and they have given you thorough answers several times. Admit that you're the one not understanding and we can move on..

I said that continuously through this entire topic. 

Not once did you say, "If I have this specific piece of data and this is exactly what I'm planning to do with it, what is the best way to handle it?" I don't think it's fair or reasonable to expect others to automatically string together an all-encompassing tutorial just because you demand examples.

Not once did you say, "If I have this specific piece of data and this is exactly what I'm planning to do with it, what is the best way to handle it?" I don't think it's fair or reasonable to expect others to automatically string together an all-encompassing tutorial just because you demand examples.

Sorry to bring this up again, but I've been busy in real life.

I asked for examples of how it is used, I would of figured that people who use these functions all the time would say, when posting, use it like x, when editing use it like x, when showing data use it like x. 

There are only so many ways show data... and to validate and sanitize only really works one way... under most circumstances.

When I first created this post I didn't have examples to show because I was working on the code as the thread was being explained.

It doesn't matter anyway, I am skipping php and going to program based languages... thanks for the help either way.

It doesn't matter anyway, I am skipping php and going to program based languages... thanks for the help either way.

I've never heard of these 'program based languages,' but I'm sure they'll be much easier than PHP to learn and understand. Best of luck.

I asked for examples of how it is used, I would of figured that people who use these functions all the time would say, when posting, use it like x, when editing use it like x, when showing data use it like x.

There were about 5 pages of that. 

There are only so many ways show data... and to validate and sanitize only really works one way... under most circumstances.

And those circumstances are context-dependent.  Or do you think that a cardboard box company has the same data requirements as a bank?

When I first created this post I didn't have examples to show because I was working on the code as the thread was being explained.

You had a link to a tutorial site which said more or less what we did, with a variety of code examples.

Good luck.  PHP is considered one of the easier languages to learn.  Moreover, the problems of validation and sanitizing are universal.  If you're going to be writing code for the web, you'll run into the same thing, handled in similar ways, regardless of language. 

There were about 5 pages of that. 

And those circumstances are context-dependent.  Or do you think that a cardboard box company has the same data requirements as a bank?

You had a link to a tutorial site which said more or less what we did, with a variety of code examples.

Good luck.  PHP is considered one of the easier languages to learn.  Moreover, the problems of validation and sanitizing are universal.  If you're going to be writing code for the web, you'll run into the same thing, handled in similar ways, regardless of language.

The only person that gave me an answer was kicken... that being said computer languages such as phython and Objective-C are easier to learn than PHP due to the fact that there are standards.

Thanks for your help either way.