Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gabrielkolbe

unlink error

I have a website where people can add and delete pictures. All worked fine, untill recently..out of the blue. I get error messages when trying to delete a picture..

[quote]Warning: unlink(../logos/): Is a directory in /home/gabriel/public_html/include_cs/functions.php on line 1710[/quote]

Here is the script..

[code] $query="SELECT * FROM business_site2 WHERE user_id = '".$_SESSION['user_id']."'";
$result = mysql_query($query) or die(mysql_error());
while ($row = mysql_fetch_object($result)) { unlink("../logos/".$row->photo1); }code]

I checked the php manual but can not see where the problem lays..anyone any ideas?[/code]

What it looks like is that somehow "$row->photo1" is blank. I would put the unlink into an "if" statement:
[code]<?php
$query="SELECT * FROM business_site2 WHERE user_id = '".$_SESSION['user_id']."'";
$result = mysql_query($query) or die("Problem with the query: $query<br>" . mysql_error());
while ($row = mysql_fetch_object($result)) {
              if ($row->photo1 != '') unlink("../logos/".$row->photo1);
              else echo 'Error: there is something wrong, the name of the photo is all blank (' . $row->id . ')<br>';
        }
?>[/code]
I'm assuming you have a field called "id" in the table, so you can go look at the record afterwards.

Ken

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.