how can i upgrade this jquery code from 1.3.2.min.js to 1.4.3.min.js

antonyfal

Hi i got a script that requires jquery 1.3.2.min.js, but when i include the 1.3.2.js my site does not work. When i check the included scripts i see that i already have 1.4.3.min.js on the page where i need this script to function.

But without the 1.3.2.min.js the script does not work.

So how can i upgrade it to use with 1.4.3.min.js ?

here is code:

me.emailCheckout = function() {

var div = me.updateCartView( document.createElement("diver") );

diver = "<div class='Cart_items'>" + div.innerHTML + "</div>";

var name = jQuery("#name").val();

var adress = jQuery("#adress").val();

var datastring = 'div=' + diver + '&name=' + name + '&adress=' + adress;

jQuery.ajax({

type: "POST",

url: "email.php",

scriptCharset: "utf-8",

contentType: "application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8",

data: datastring,

success: function(data) {alert(data);}

});

eraseCookie('Cart');

};

Its my lucky day Thorpe.

I see you also on github.

This is the topic:

https://github.com/wojodesign/simplecart-js/issues/84#issuecomment-3056269

I have followed everything on this topic and when i hit the checkout button nothing happens.. Im missing something.. I cant include the jquery as its already included on the page, everything works except the email checkout function..

Please can you take a look.. On this page i followed everything by the book. I use 2.2

Hi,

Im not getting any errors. I did some further checks. The code above does work with either version of Jquery. I am looking into the code for another way to do this. Maybe im missing something.. Ill post again if i find a solution. But for now the code above works.

Hi Thorpe..

Heres my problem:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.mydomain.com/javascript/jquery-1.4.3.min.js"></script>

I cant include this file cause its alreday included in my index.php file.

If i do include the file again where the script requires it Jquery doesnt load period.

Is there a fix to include it more then once?

or is it possible to get  a prototype function to achieve the same result above?

regards

Antony

sorry Adam my bad.

It doesn't matter the version jquery any more.. I cant use the script tag in my html page period, as it bums my site. Any version of jquery. If i do a source check of the entire page (consiting of modules and components) i see that jquery is loaded already. BUT the script above doesnt call to the jquery period it just happens the the version that is loaded on the mainframe is 1.4.xx.

I did a check with the two version together and both work with the function above. BUT on the page on its own, not when i view the page through my site preview.

BUT you got a plan there. How would i point the abopve function to use the main Jquery 1.4xx ? so that i dont have to include it in the html page as well.

take a look here:

if you can puzzle this one!

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?topic=349516.0 it will solve my problem. I m not using Jquery and Prototype just looking for a simple normal ajax function.

Mootools Bumms out, prototype bumms out, jquery bumms out-- so my last attempt is the basic ajax flat no anything else xml request.. OF!!! WHICH I KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BUT THINK IM ON THE RIGHT TRACK HERE__

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?topic=349516.0 

Let me know

I guess I am confused. Why don't you just change what is included already to instead use the newer version of jQuery?

Heres why:

I cant use the <script>include any version jquery in the page</script> Cause this is how the page is formed:

main index.php Main index.php also has <script>jquery 1.4--</script>{

page with menu

Page with header

page1 (ancor jquery tab)

page2 (ancor jquery tab)

page3 (ancor jquery tab)

page4 (ancor jquery tab)

page5 (ancor jquery tab)

page6 (ancor jquery tab)

page7 (ancor jquery tab)

page8 (ancor jquery tab)

OUrpage(ancor store jquery tab)

if i use the Jquery <script>include jquery here any version</script>

The jquery tabs break:( and the page does not work - -

}

So as you can see the page does have jquery loaded, but it doesnt work on our page- Our page requires it direct into the page.

What i have tried besides Jquery is: mootools, prototype, all conflict when i include them..

So now i am at a final attempt at a ajax xml call WHICH is not conflicting anything 8) but is also not working :wtf: if you can take a look at this post to maybe help there?

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?topic=349516.0

this will solve my problem..  OR

Regards

Antony

I got this in the Javascript which initialises the page function based on Prototype or Jquery: If i can get it to check global jquery before load we will have success:(I think):

if( typeof jQuery !== 'undefined' ) $(document).ready(function(){StoreCart.initialize();});

else if( typeof Prototype !== 'undefined') Event.observe( window, 'load', function(){StoreCart.initialize();});

else window.onload = StoreCart.initialize;

Maybe something like:

if( typeof jQuery.Global !== 'undefined' ) $(document).ready(function(){StoreCart.initialize();});

else if( typeof Prototype.Global !== 'undefined') Event.observe( window, 'load', function(){StoreCart.initialize();});

So it will look for the Jquery in the mainindex of the example above-- This will solve the issue too. How can i do this?

OK! here it is:

Lets not worry about the jquery library versions any more it is no longer an issue Period.

Whats happening here in my website page is:

the main index.php loads jquery (GREAT!:) this is what we want) BUT the jquery does not reach the page with the original function:the first function i posted above.

That page requires the <script>to include the jquery library in the page directly for the page to work</script> BUT!! if i include the jquery library again the page bumms as in the example above +3 posts. SO!! I tried to use Prototype.js to perform the original function posted. BUT!!! prototype also Bummed the page, SO!! Itried to use mootools to perform the original function i posted at the top of the page. BUT!! Mootools also bummed the page.

SO! here we are!

I have two possible solution that might work to solve this problem. Solution number one:

is a ajax version of the original function POSTED above.    OR      To point the call to Jquery to the global Script call Which is loaded at the top of my main index.php file anyway..

BUT!

I HAVE NO CLUE OF EITHER FIX My ajax knowledge is cruddy at best, and how to point the .JS file to the global <script call to the jquery library > well i dont even know if that is possible, and how to achieve it.. I have been playing with some ajax calls : but still the page does nothing:

heres my last attempt to the ajax fix if you want to take a look at it:

//basically the script mus use the me.emailcheckout to call the function something here is a miss

function ajaxRequest(){

var activexmodes=["Msxml2.XMLHTTP", "Microsoft.XMLHTTP"]

if (window.ActiveXObject){

for (var i=0; i<activexmodes.length; i++){

try{

return new ActiveXObject(activexmodes)

}

catch(e){

}

}

}

else if (window.XMLHttpRequest)

return new XMLHttpRequest()

else

return false

}

var mypostrequest=new ajaxRequest()

mypostrequest.onreadystatechange=function(){

if (mypostrequest.readyState==4){

if (mypostrequest.status==200 || window.location.href.indexOf("http")==-1){

document.getElementById("theResponce").innerHTML=mypostrequest.responseText

}

else{

alert("An error has occured making the request")

}

}

}

var div = me.updateCartView( document.createElement("diver") );

diver = "<div class='globalStoreCart_items'>" + div.innerHTML + "</div>";

var buyersalute=encodeURIComponent(document.getElementById("buyersalute").value)

var buyerfirstname=encodeURIComponent(document.getElementById("buyerfirstname").value)

var buyerlastname=encodeURIComponent(document.getElementById("buyerlastname").value)

var buyerstreet=encodeURIComponent(document.getElementById("buyerstreet").value)

var buyertown=encodeURIComponent(document.getElementById("buyertown").value)

var buyerregion=encodeURIComponent(document.getElementById("buyerregion").value)

var buyercountry=encodeURIComponent(document.getElementById("buyercountry").value)

var buyerpostalcode=encodeURIComponent(document.getElementById("buyerpostalcode").value)

var buyercontact=encodeURIComponent(document.getElementById("buyercontact").value)

var buyermobile=encodeURIComponent(document.getElementById("buyermobile").value)

var buyeremail=encodeURIComponent(document.getElementById("buyeremail").value)

var buyerprefpay=encodeURIComponent(document.getElementById("buyerprefpay").value)

var buyerspecreq=encodeURIComponent(document.getElementById("buyerspecreq").value)

var adminemail=encodeURIComponent(document.getElementById("adminemail").value)

var adminstorename=encodeURIComponent(document.getElementById("adminstorename").value)

var parameters = "div="+diver+"&buyersalute="+buyersalute+"&buyerfirstname="+buyerfirstname+"&buyerlastname="+buyerlastname+"&buyerstreet="+buyerstreet+"&buyertown="+buyertown+"&buyerregion="+buyerregion+"&buyercountry="+buyercountry+"&buyerpostalcode="+buyerpostalcode+"&buyercontact="+buyercontact+"&buyermobile="+buyermobile+"&buyeremail="+buyeremail+"&buyerprefpay="+buyerprefpay+"&buyerspecreq="+buyerspecreq+"&adminemail="+adminemail+"&adminstorename="+adminstorename

mypostrequest.open("POST", "email.php", true)

mypostrequest.setRequestHeader("Content-type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded")

mypostrequest.send(parameters)

};

something is just a little short..

BUT the jquery does not reach the page with the original function:the first function i posted above.

That page requires the <script>to include the jquery library in the page directly for the page to work</script>

You're approaching this completely wrong. You have jQuery at your disposal, but instead of trying to fix the issue preventing you from use it, you're over complicating it. Why does it not reach the page? Why do you have to include it directly within the page?

From your wonderful picture I'm guessing you're loading the content via AJAX? These pages, since they're loaded into the DOM, will be able to make use of the existing jQuery library included in the main page. You don't need to re-include it.

Hi Adam.

Its not including the jquery:( nothing i do is working, i will run another test to double check your theory-- ill get back to you on this.. But i just have to say i have tried everything i could think of, and so far no jquery worked-- so i thought Ajax---

heres why it need Jquery direct: the page loads a javascript and if jquery is not defined on the page the page loads the default loading-- here is the JS initializing script:

//as you can see if jquery is not directly found the default will load-- so either find away to point this jquery to the main jquery-- or scrap jquery leave the default loading and use a ajax equivelent of the function i first posted..

//this is the original initializing page script

if( typeof jQuery !== 'undefined' ) $(document).ready(function(){StoreCart.initialize();});

else if( typeof Prototype !== 'undefined') Event.observe( window, 'load', function(){StoreCart.initialize();});

// i need something like this:

Maybe something like:

if( typeof jQuery.Global !== 'undefined' ) $(document).ready(function(){StoreCart.initialize();});

else if( typeof Prototype.Global !== 'undefined') Event.observe( window, 'load', function(){StoreCart.initialize();});

Public link OOOHHH ??!! what you say?? what lol no not yet my site is a surprise site.. Unique.. took me a year to develop..

Listen i have some update news:

alert( 'posting stuff 1' ); // if this is a jquery alert type then it works and Adam was correct that the Jquery from the dom does load to the page, also i altered the If jquery !== 'undefined' to  ==='undefined' and the page didnt load. So the Jquery does load...

NOW This is what i did with the alert: i placed it at two point: the first point worked when i selected the checkout. The second point didnt work and nothing below the first point worked.. :

alert( 'posting stuff 1' );      // here is the first point -- when i clicked the checkout this alert popped up. so the function does work when checkout is pressed...

just for testing i simplified the code from here down--

var div = me.updateCartView( document.createElement("div") );

div = "<div class='StoreCart_items'>" + div.innerHTML + "</div>";//  the storecart item does exists and is loaded with info on the purchase

alert( 'posting stuff 2' ); here i added the alert second time around and removed the first alert but it never got activated-- and nowhere below the first point..

jQuery.post("//for the email.php page i tried abs url and relative url none worked email.php" , {div:div} , function(data) {

alert( data );

});

eraseCookie('StoreCart');  // and the cookie still exists-- no emails were sent

};

is there something wrong with the div var?? and the post is it absolute or relative url? the div var must send because it contains the data.

On a page on its own this little script works but in the site dom page nothing-- I also changed the variable names but that didnt work either.. I got one more thing to try ill post back soon.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.