Timing (Creating your own Cron Job)

Neptunus Maris

I'm having trouble creating a cron job of my own....the reason why im not using cron jobs on my server is because the thing i want is detailed...or just say i want to create a cron job entirely myself.

Now, I've tried something like this:

time()+1800 something like that(like in a cookie timer) and it runs in some loop:

while ($cron = time()+2400) {

if ($cron = 1800) {
    $month = January;
}

if ($cron = 1200) {
    $month = Feb...;
}

((and so on...))
} //end while

I hope you get the idea of what im talking about.

Neptune

Dont mean to be a downer but this wont work as a cron opens a page to execuite at a certon time or date.

there issint any over way so your have to get a 3rd party aplication as the page needs to be executed.

i have seen even the best computer programmers give up so i adivse the 3rd party method.

what i am trying to get accross even if your code is properly coded then how would you get the code to execute and open the browser then exicute the page.

sorry.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.