iframe, full-height, with no scrollbar

ignace

I have an annoying problem: I want to show an external webpage on my website in an iframe with no scrollbar (as if it were part of the parent document). I have looked around but due to the XDomain Policy I can't access the height of the webpage. I currently want to exclude the proxy method to resolve the issue and see if someone's has any bright ideas.

I thought there would be a CSS3 rule that I could use to tell the browser how it should render the iframe.. but I didn't find any.

I found the seamless attribute for HTML5 but it is not supported in ANY browser.

http://www.maxdesign.com.au/2011/03/10/iframe-scrollbars-and-html5/

I don't know how I should phrase this so everyone understands what I want to do, so I'll try an example:

http://www.zimmo.be/nl/Leuven/Te-Koop/Woning/7QVD7/

Take a look at the above website. The lower part of the webpage is an iframe although it doesn't "appear" to be since there is only 1 scrollbar that covers both the iframe and the website. That is what I want to achieve, the above website uses a iframe with a height of ~2300px, I want to be able to do the same thing except without having to set the iframe to 2300px.

I found the HTML5 iframe attribute seamless="" but it's not supported in any browser. So is there anyone who knows how I can do this without having to go the "use a proxy script" way? Since there is no support for seamless, maybe there is a CSS way in how to do this?

@scootstah If you read my post you would have found that I have put quite an amount of time in finding a solution before coming here to ask a question. It's quite hard to find something if you don't know what you are looking for.

If I add 100% to the iframe, I get a double scrollbar and I want to avoid that.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.