Where did my post go?

Hi guys,

How you all doing..?

I am facing this problem..

I had made a profiler in php.

I wrongly posted it in the beta test forum. This was because I thought website critique was only for websites. As my thing was a php profiler, i thought it didnt belong there.

After 3 days, my post is still waiting for approval.

Today I reread the rules and saw that I thought may be I should have posted it in website critique form.

I copy paste my post from beta test forum and post it on website critique forum.

I send a message to  a moderator to delete my post from beta test forum.

Some time later I recieve a mail from the site stating 'Topic removed'

When I check both of my posts are gone.

Please tell me why both of the posts were removed?

Is there anyway i can get the content of the post back?

Thanks and regards,

Sandeep

I removed you post from website critique because it was off topic. I have no idea what happend to your other post but I would suggest it wasn't approved because it didn't follow the guidelines as laid out in the sticky thread within the beta-testing board.

This is from the sticky post  'guidlines' in the beta testing forum.

...This is NOT a "rate my script/site" forum. Please go to the critique forum for that. Try to give a good description of what your code is supposed to be doing.  We can do little more than find syntax errors if we don't know what it's supposed to be doing....

This specifically says to go to critique forum if you want others to rate or review you script.

So I am wondering how the post was off topic at the critique forum?

So is my post gone forever?

Can I post that again in some other forum? If so, Which forum should I post it in?

Thanks and regards,

Sandeep

"Website Critique" as the name suggests is for critique of web site design. The beta testing board is for people to test your code for issues.

If neither of these subjects apply to your post we don't have a board for it. We don't have a board for promoting your projects or posting libraries you have written.

hi,

When someone says 

"This is NOT a "rate my script/site" forum. Please go to the critique forum for that."

I think It can be assumed that for rating your script,  go to critique form.

And by 'rating your script' does one means  'critique of web site design' ?

And why are you guys telling I am promoting my stuff?  Does sharing something someone made means promoting it ? I am not asking anyone to register in my site?

I just wanted to share something. Why wont you allow that?

I just wanted to share something. Why wont you allow that?

This is a big site. We get allot of new members and allot of spam. Having a free for all "promote my project" board would simply attract more spam, it's hard enough to maintain as it is.

We allow members of the community to post links to there project within there signatures as long as they are not too intrusive. The best way to promote your project through our forums is to become active within the community and place a link in your signature.

Having 15 posts and a thread saying "hey, please check out my project" just causes more issues than it's worth for us. Of course, active members will always be granted a little bit more flexibility in this area as well, but in reality, it's all about keeping spammers at bay.

Having said that, I'm not necessarily saying you where spamming. I'm just saying that these types of threads need to be kept under control to prevent them leading to spam.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.