Simple question about html form's, php and mysql inserts

criostage

Hi,

I m doing some work for my self an because of that i been reading a lot arround about PHP, and theres something that i would like to ask a bit of enlightenment. So my question is as the title says about html form's using php to insert data into mysql, i been reading tutorials arround the interwebs and even made afew successful tests, but pretty much all tutorials use 2 files to accomplish this the html file with the form and an insert.php where the actual code is stored so this made me think is this how usually it's done? in over all you will have 1 file for the form, 1 for the insert, 1 for the edit php code and 1 for delete. How do you guys usually do it?

PS: one of the tests i did was making 1 single file with all these using an switch. My interest in making this question is solo to learn how other people do it to see if i m in the right way.

Thanks in advance.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.