Collapsing div in a WordPress theme

KevinM1

This is odd.  I'm finishing up a WordPress theme for a client, and am getting a collapsing div on an element only after I upload it.  The layout looks fine outside of Wordpress, when I test it as straight HTML and CSS in my browsers.

The site is located here: http://thesewingdivaquiltshop.com/  The element in question is <div id="content"></div>.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Collapsing margin or a collapsing div?

Good point.  Edited.

I looked at content in firefug and it's not floated but it is collapsed yet .content-box is floated.

Try floating content or adding a <br /> at the bottom and style clear both

I tried adding the <br /> but I'm away from my dev machine and WordPress' shitty editor won't actually render it, even though it's there in the file.  I'll try floating the content later, as I need a break from this POS site for a while.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.