Text Formation in the Code Editing Software

I like to write code in a readable, clean and also indented way.

I think formation help can save time even in PHP, Netbeans does provide it, ZendStudio does not have it at all.

Though Netbeans' formation help still does have quirks, and I am wondering is it further adjustable to remove those quirks and make it work more well with PHP?

What would you recommend in general regarding formatting PHP code with the code editing software?

I simply think I am investing too much time and effort editing, if it just would be efficient manual indenting and then normal typing out I would have a less of a problem with it.

I also intend to learn OOP with PHP soon.

Just in case it got overlooked, I meant the formation HELP of NetBeans which automatically formats when typing the code out. It does format well per se but it also does format wrong at ones. How would you recommend to deal with the wrong formatting and indenting?

Do you personally type without any formation help at all?

Just in case it got overlooked, I meant the formation HELP of NetBeans which automatically formats when typing the code out. It does format well per se but it also does format wrong at ones. How would you recommend to deal with the wrong formatting and indenting?

Do you personally type without any formation help at all?

For Eclipse you can upload XML files for your custom format (project >> preferences >> Java code style >> formatter).  So when you hotkey "ctr+shf+F" your code automatically gets formatted/indented to your liking.  I assume Netbeans has the same feature.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.