New portfolio website

freeflyinweb

http://freeflyin.com

Tell me what you think. I found numerous amount of grammar/spelling errors which I'll go through later to fix, but as of right now I need some general feedback. I developed this website on my own framework I developed, and I would like to see as well if you can find any security exploits. All the links work, except Client Portal, and blog will redirect you to my blog website, which is irrelevant.

Also, should I consider to be more professional in my paragraphs?

looks pretty nice, I would scrunch the bottom up so random text isn't sitting at the bottom of the page until i scroll up.

Make the input values disappear when focused.

Thank you, but could you be a bit more specific on the "random text isn't sitting at the bottom of the page until I scroll up." I'm a bit confused on that statement.

One of your customers (this one) isn't active.  The client portal throws an apache error.

Yes, hopefully that will go away soon, as I'm currently working on their site (integrating wordpress, etc)

looks pretty nice, I would scrunch the bottom up so random text isn't sitting at the bottom of the page until i scroll up.

Thank you, but could you be a bit more specific on the "random text isn't sitting at the bottom of the page until I scroll up." I'm a bit confused on that statement.

certainly, when I open the webpage, I see the bulk of the info, which looks nice, then at the bottom a see a little bit of the "Contact me" and Twitter text, doesn't look right.

certainly, when I open the webpage, I see the bulk of the info, which looks nice, then at the bottom a see a little bit of the "Contact me" and Twitter text, doesn't look right.

Ahh I see what your saying now. I can see why that's a bit weird. Going to fix. Thank you!

I agree with everyone else it looks great. As the person above me mentioned a hover effect for the main nav menu would be nice. Maybe a nice slider on the main page that showcases your. I would suggest http://nivo.dev7studios.com/ as it is awesome!

Great job !

looks quite nice and a awsome footer!

But what about putting som hover effect on the main nav?

I was thinking the same thing, but I didn't know how I should go about it :P, I guess I could work some ideas I suppose. Thank you so much for the C&C!

edit: Also, the slider is an awesome idea :) Thank you!

Hi..It looks pretty nice...but....

I just feel the colors are a bit dull and the footer graphics is kind of depressing..( lot of brown emptyness ..) .may be adding a couple of birds and may be a rising sun....I understand it is a matter of taste, so please feel free to ignore my comments.

and I also agree with a previous post that says contact form should be moved from footer...

Hi..It looks pretty nice...but....

I just feel the colors are a bit dull and the footer graphics is kind of depressing..( lot of brown emptyness ..) .may be adding a couple of birds and may be a rising sun....I understand it is a matter of taste, so please feel free to ignore my comments.

and I also agree with a previous post that says contact form should be moved from footer...

Thank you for your review! I couldn't agree with you more with the colors. I find them nice, but rather dull. The header is what I'm really having an issue with. I need to do a bit of rework with it. As for the footer, that sounds like a great idea! Now I just somehow need to draw a bird! Or maybe I could use my paper air plane I made for my header? Anyways, what should I put in the footer rather than my contact field? Anyways, thank you for the feedback I deeply appreciate it!

Seems pretty nice.  Very clean and open design.  But if you're using it for a portfolio, I would HIGHLY suggest doing more to sell yourself.  Your thumbnails should link to another page that describes the client, the work you did, what technologies you used, etc.  I don't know about you, my the work I do varies from modifying things in vBulletin to writing sites from 'scratch' (my own framework).  So it's nice to know how much of a particular site you did outside of the look of it.

Seems pretty nice.  Very clean and open design.  But if you're using it for a portfolio, I would HIGHLY suggest doing more to sell yourself.  Your thumbnails should link to another page that describes the client, the work you did, what technologies you used, etc.  I don't know about you, my the work I do varies from modifying things in vBulletin to writing sites from 'scratch' (my own framework).  So it's nice to know how much of a particular site you did outside of the look of it.

Thank you for your critique! I agree, I should try selling myself more. Also, I like your idea when they click the thumbnails it redirects to a part of my website that describes what I did for them. I'm planning to do a bit of a redo on the website(upgrade my current framework, and rename a couple of the tabs).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.