WHERE clause wont use variables with spaces.

UrbanDweller

Hey,

Like my title says I cant get  a mysql update to fetch and update row depending on what the where clause is equal too. it updates fine if the variable is one word but 2+ words it just doesnt input the data.

$num=0;
foreach($_SESSION['colid'] as &$id){
if($num > 2){
	$data = $_POST[$id];
	mysql_query("UPDATE `$table` SET `$colname`='$data' WHERE Unit='$id'") or die("error".mysql_error());
}
$num++;

$_SESSION['colid'] is an array of all the table column names which i have made the same for each row of data under Unit.

so wen $id = word, it updates fine but $id = two words, it wont update. Ive tried `$id` | '`$id `' |  ('$id') pretty much everything thats worked before.

Is this fixable or do i  need to create columns with underscores instead of spaces eg. two_words then use a php function to swap _ to a space?

Thanks

Hey all the variables are valid and not empty its just that it seems that "WHERE `unit`='$id' " doesnt like $id to be two words with a spaces thats the ONLY problem.

Im not going to post the whole code in as the rest of the code works fine when using single word variable $id.

I have change a single word column that works fine and changed it to two words which it will then not input the data in the update query. i just want to know how to allow it to use it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.