Need help

caliux

Hello,I know PHP(doing some simple/complex aplication from 0),CSS,HTML,JS but I`m looking on freelancer,elance,vworker, and i can`t find projects,i see always ecommerce script,drupal,magneto,wordpress.I want to learn them but i dont know what to learn.Can you help me?I want some money to go out with girls ;)

Most developers have niches or are more skilled at certain aspects of websites, such as design, plugins, custom coding, management, optimization, different frameworks,etc...

Learning everything about wordpress would for sure be a daunting task.

Be aware it's constantly changing code, which may benefit you in some way, but must keep up with them in what you develop.

Familiarize yourself with different popular cms's out there and concentrate on your current abilities to integrate them.

I guess you should first make yourself a site, show off some of your work, and try to get the ball rolling.

Lastly, I know money is important, but if the girl requires you to have money, she's not the one for you.

There are plenty out there just seeking love and companionship.

If you "prefer" making every website from absolute scratch then you probably aren't as proficient as you think you are.

Learn frameworks, learn CMS's, and start getting work for them. People probably don't want a hacked together solution, they want to use powerful tools and just don't understand how to implement them. If you build someone a website with Drupal, a year from now they can hire another Drupal developer to easily create a plugin or extend functionality. If you build someone a website with home-brew code, in a year the new developer first has to learn your code, and then figure out how to extend it - which costs them more money in the end.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.