Domain Registrars

Philip

I'm kinda surprised we don't have a sticky on this and there haven't been many topics on this for a few years... so here we are!

I'm looking to switch away from GoDaddy as my domain registrar. I have almost everything about them, from the UI, to their BS marketing. The only thing I do like is that I can typically get domains pretty cheap through them thanks to their never ending discount codes. However, it is time to move on.

Does anybody have any recommendations that they've personally used and have had good experiences with? All I need is domain registration - no hosting, email, etc.

Here is a compiled list:
www.namecheap.com
www.name.com
www.dynadot.com
www.gandi.net
www.easydns.com
www.dyndns.com
www.domainnameshop.com
www.dd24.net
http://domains.ausweb.com.au/

GoDaddy supported SOPA, so a bunch of people transferred away from them (including big names like Wikipedia and Penny-Arcade).  GoDaddy was interviewed about the mass exodus and said something to the effect of "we're seeing a lot of noise, but it hasn't hurt us financially at all."  The hivemind decided to make an example out of them.

GoDaddy supported SOPA, so a bunch of people transferred away from them (including big names like Wikipedia and Penny-Arcade).  GoDaddy was interviewed about the mass exodus and said something to the effect of "we're seeing a lot of noise, but it hasn't hurt us financially at all."  The hivemind decided to make an example out of them.

Yup, which is also another reason.

Cheers Dan for the reddit link. It's rare when I visit reddit ;)

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...