WEIRD! MS SQL connection suddenly stopped working

Moron

I coded an employee information system a few years ago and it has evolved all along, with new features being added and such. Well, we recently added a new SQL 2008 server and migrated it all over there. This was done by a consultant and he basically migrated all databases and user accounts to the new server. I changed my code to point to the new server and it worked like a champ.

That is, until a couple of days ago....... It worked great for the last month and a half. Now, it suddenly won't connect any longer ("Unable to connect to database _____....."). I can change the code to point back to the old server and it works fine again.

One of the other guys double- and triple-checked the accounts on the new server and they match.

The old server is SQL Server 2000. The new one is SQL server 2008 R2.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.